My first GI Summit, Slieve Gullion GI/CA-001

After a couple of nice activations of EI/IE-054 in the past few days I’m planning a quick trip up across the border tomorrow morning into Northern Ireland and do my first GI Summit Slieve Gullion GI/CA-001. The trip up should take a bit more than an hour and then its a bit of a hike up to the summit.The forecast is good and I hope conditions will be too. Should be on air from about 10:00 UTC and will be using he KX2 10 watts and 58 feet of wire with a ZM2 ATU. Bands will be 20 and 40 at least, ssb and maybe some CW. My CW skills are not flash so it might be a bit hit and miss. Appreciate any calls and be great to have a GI summit activated. Have posted an alert so keep an ear out for MI/VK6NU/P

John EI/VK6NU

1 Like

I hope to be on GI/MM-005 around 1300 hours onwards so will look out for a S2S.

William Mi0wwb

Hi John,

I hope you have a enjoy your first ever SOTA activation in GI. Slieve Gullion GI/CA-001 is a nice hill as well. Please note that the prefix you are meant to use over there is MI/, not GI/, so your callsign in this activations needs to be MI/VK6NU/P, not GI/VK6NU/P.

Jimmy M0HGY

Thanks Jimmy, yeah forgot about that. Thanks for the reminder, there never were ant M calls when I left this neck of the woods 28 years ago. Overcast morning heading off after some brekkie.

John EI/VK6NU

Hi John,
At home today so will listen out for you.
Great summit and lovely views to the south . WX looking good for you.
73 EI7GEB

Hi John, thanks for qso today from DM/BM-241, Steve.