Mt. Ezkintza EA2/NV-148 by EA2IF/P on 28/03/2016

Today it was the last day of our Easter holidays. The WX forecast was predicting some rain again, so I didn’t get up early for a morning activation and I stayed home playing with the kids and working in the garden.
It didn’t finally rain in the morning and the afternoon looked like the WX would hold without rain, so I decided to leave for an easy not far from my QTH one pointer.
This is its location with respect to Pamplona and my QTH.

I drove to the village of Cirauqui and then took the dirt road up to the top. In fact this is a drive on summit and I chose getting there by car for timing reasons, as my wife and kids kept waiting for me to go out together on my return.

There is a nice shelter and an ermitage in a well kept flat gardened area surrounded by barbed wire fence with a free access gate.

The trig point is one of the very tall ones we find sometimes in some of our summits, so I took advantage of it and installed my 7m fishing pole on top, so the top of the endfed antenna was 9 or 10m above the ground.
With concrete tables and benches in the summit, I set up on the one close to the trig point.
It was a comfortable, almost luxury activating spot this time.

Shame that, as usual, I had very little time to operate and I could only work 20m.
I worked CW and SSB and this is the full log.

Before leaving this very nice place, I took a couple of pictures of the valleys seen from there:

Thank you very much dear chasers for your calls and QSOs.
When I got home I took my family out for a walk and something to eat/drink and we finally got the rain :frowning: which wasn’t much of a problem to get in a couple of bars and enjoy some nice tapas in family, as well as some wine for my wife and beer for me :slight_smile:
We should never let rain ruin a holiday.

I’ll be working tomorrow and the rest of the week, so no more activations from my side until, hopefully, next weekend.
Have a nice week and best 73 de Guru

1 Like