Mouseover - pop up problem

Hi Jon.

Have a look at the spot of G0PZO/P by G0RQL at 15:48 today (20/2/07). The mouseover pop-up (is that the right description?) does not pop up details of the summit/operator. The subsequent spots by GW0VMZ are OK and there is nothing obviously wrong with the spot by G0RQL.

73 John GW4BVE

Found a very slight glitch! On the mouseover, where it tells you how many points the summit is worth, it doesn’t drop the ‘s’ for 1-point; ie it says “1 points”.

I now note that it seems to know who me and Jimmy are, when tested on our alerts for July. Last week it didn’t know us - “operator not registered”.

In reply to 2E0HJD:

This found a hole in my logic.

If the callsign begins with a ‘G’, ‘M’ or ‘2’ I chop off the characters preceding the numeral and match the numeral+remaining characters. This is to cope with roaming UK callsigns (i.e. a G activating as a GM, etc.).

Unfortunately, if no numeral is found then the operation fails and searches the database on a blank string thus returning all users. The most recent subscriber to SOTAwatch at that point happened to be called Richard!

Took me a while to figure that one out!

Hole now plugged.

73, Jon

In reply to M1EYP:

Found a very slight glitch! On the mouseover, where it tells you how
many points the summit is worth, it doesn’t drop the ‘s’ for 1-point;
ie it says “1 points”.

Well spotted! Now fixed. I have re-submitted DL2HSC/P’s alert and spot to test. New 1 point alerts and spots submitted will omit the ‘s’! Existing ones will stay as they are since I compile the ‘pop up’ summit details at the time of submission not display.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Charlie’s spot just now is showing Snowdon 1 point in hover box

Roger G4OWG

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
Jon
Does this solve the original problem that I identified at the top of this thread or is that a different issue?

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to G4OWG:

Oops. Lazy mistake. I was assigning the value of 1 point as well as checking for it. Difference between ‘=’ and ‘==’. Fixed.