Most Activators on a Summit

Will this be the most ever activators on a summit at any one time?

Saturday 20th February 2016

07:00

VK3JBL/P on
	VK3/VE-006

7.090-ssb,14.310-ssb,14.062-cw
Long activation with 15 other activators and beer. EU LP?
(Posted by VK3JBL)
1 Like

We’ve been 11 on YO/MC-006 in August during the 2015 YO SOTA Marathon, I don’t know of a larger activation.

Razvan.

I recall “mass activations” on Easington Fell G/SP-012 (with silly hats and cheese) and Lowick High Common G/LD-049 in the past. I’m sure there were others I can’t bring to mind too. I’d have to look up how many activators were involved.

Maybe Andy MM0FMF could run a query on the Database to return a ranking of how many activations on one summit on one day. I don’t know how easy or difficult that would be.

I think this is the SOTA Cam for the summit. Youll be able to watch yourself get in our logs!!
http://mthotham.roundshot.com/

We’ve been 13 on HB/ZH-004 in May during the 2015 HB9SOTA annual meeting. This May our next annual meeting is on HB/AI-001. In the afternoon, a joint activation is planned.

73, Tom

The most I knew of is the 1st Ailsa Craig GM/SS-246 activation which has 10 activators making QSOs. The Easington Fell G/SP-012 on 31-Aug-2008 only shows 9 activators.

Hi All,
I think we will have 6 SOTA Goats and 8 Shack Sloths on Mt Hotham, surely this must a record. Listen out for us.
Brian
VK3MCD/JM8ITC

1 Like

I’ll bring the whiskey to keep us all under control…

Hello,
I wish VK stations a very happy day activating together. It’s always nice to meet and spend a funny day with friends around amateur radio!

The prolific activators group in EA2 region celebrated last year their annual meeting activating EA2/VI-040 on Sunday 14th June 2015.
The following activators using their gear made part of the activation under the special call EG2UNA:
EA1GMP, EA2BD, EA2CQ, EA2CSC, EA2CW, EA2DXY, EA2DYS, EA2EBX, EA2EEB, EA2EX, EA2SN, EA2WX, EA2OX, EB2AOC, EB2GKK, EC2AG
We were 16 activators together there. A big record!! :two_men_holding_hands: :couple: :two_men_holding_hands: :two_women_holding_hands:

Some other SOTA mates joined us for the lunch when the activation was over. Maybe the good food is the reason for having such a massive number of activators in this land? :smiley:
Look for EU-VK on your planned day… VY 73 de Ignacio

P.s.this year we will have our EA2 sota day near summer time.More info when properly arranged…

You can see more pictures at http://sotaeguna2015.blogspot.com.es/p/fotos.html
and a video here: Video Sota EGUNA 2015

6 Likes

I think we need the ‘Mt Hotham’ T-Shirts. :wink:

Andrew, VK1AD

1 Like

With regret I won’t be able to make this after all :cry: , need to travel to Europe unfortunately. So possibly we’ll be down to only 17 activators on Mt Hotham. No, I don’t know how that maths works (*), and I have a degree in the subject…

To be honest, I’d be scared about the number of goats. The last time I’d activated with just two of them, I was scraping together my second QSO long after they’d qualified the summit on multiple bands… :worried:

I’ll pull down my alerts for the weekend, but rest assured there will still be plenty of 10 pointers activated over the weekend in the area. I’m sure someone else will put something up.

I may look at taking the MTR and activating HB/ZH-015 or similar on the way home as a consolation. We’ll see.

Andrew VK3JBL
*) okay I do - rumour has it there are several others interested