Misuse of the spots

I apologies for my misuse of the spots a few minutes ago, ie to spot Tom’s non SOTA activity today. Tom wasn’t getting much response, so I thought a couple of spots would help his school demonstration.

Once again, my apologies.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

I don’t think there is anything to apologise for, Mike - the next generation of hams is our responsibility now!

I could hear Tom and his students at about 2 by 2, if I had an effective vertical antenna I would have called in!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

I do not think that spotting of a school amateur radio training session is a misuse of spots Mike, especially when there have only been 3 activations all day.

Anyway Tom had requested assistance from SOTA members so it made sense to alert other chasers that could have joined in to help.

Most radio amateurs will willingly assist in the furtherance of the hobby by demonstrating communications to youngsters, otherwise there will be nobody left to continue the hobby.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G8ADD:

Well, the spots page is for SOTA, hence my apology. Maybe just a case of me still walking on eggshells Brian, hi.

Thanks for your reassurance that it was ok to spot non SOTA.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G4SSH:

Thanks Roy, I hoped people would see it the same way as yourself and Brian.

Mike GW0DSP