Miguel EA1CVZ is now SK

Dear all,

I’m very sorry to inform you that Miguel EA1CVZ passed away a few days ago due to a heart failure.
I just received this very sad news last night from Quique EA1DFP through Manuel EA2DT. Thank you both!

Miguel had been chasing and activating SOTA for some short time as well as working mainly CW on the bands for several years.

I met him and his 14 years old son in 2015 for the first time and we carried out a couple of SOTA activations in his home area EA1/CR. Miguel jr. seemed very interested in our hobby too.
We spent nice time together during my summer holidays in EA1/CR last 2015 and 2016.

My deepest condolences to his widow and son, Miguel, as well as his good friends at the Coruña radio club EA1RCO.

Rest In Peace…

Sincerely,

Guru

Sorry to hear that Miguel EA1CVZ is now silent key.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. My deepest condolences to his widow and son. Rest in Peace… Eva, HB9FPM

1 Like

I’m very sorry to hear about Miguel, my sincere condolences to his family and friends.

Roger MW0IDX

1 Like

So sorry to hear this. I had a contact with Miguel (my only one) only a month ago.

Condolences to his family and friends.

1 Like

Hello Guru
It is a really sad news. We meet often on the air.
Give my deepest condolences to his family. Thanks.
Rest in peace.
André f5ukl

1 Like

Sorry about that,
I worked Miguel 23 times since 2015, our last qso was on November.
We will miss him. R.I.P
Gerald F6HBI

1 Like

Hello Guru and all hams, many thanks for your words, in my name and from his family also.

I have been lucky to spend a lot of hours sharing radio with Miguel, principally CW (he has teached to me the morse code), both from base station and field activations (mainly SOTA and geodesic vertices).

I´ve been in close contact with his family (widowd, son and brother), during the stay of Miguel in the intensive care unit and none of us expected this end. It has been a hard blow for everybody.

I can announce that his son, Miguel Jr., as soon as he can, wish to pass the test to get his license and keep his father’s callsign…and at his 14 years old, Miguel Jr. is beginning already CW!!!

The future of EA1CVZ call is practically very good guarantized.

Thank you very much for all condolences showed, which will be transmitted to his family.

Jorge EB1EVX

3 Likes