Meccano Part No35

Hi All .I was thinking of trying Meccano Part No 35 (spring clip)as an alternative to the rubber O ring to secure the elements on the SOTA beam.I have not tried them myself but wonder if anyone else has.Meccano rod is 4mm dia so I think they may possibly work.There are lots on Ebay and not expensive 73 Geoff G6MZX

In reply to G6MZX:
Novel thoughts Geoff. Mr and Mrs Taylor’s shop meccanoman.co.uk would provide. I can imagine them pinging off into the heather when you’ve cold hands. I tried a #35 clip on a Sotabeam element just now. It’s mouth popped over the rod but the fit was loose. A 1975 example, well used spring clip was used.

David

In reply to G6MZX:

I was thinking of trying Meccano Part No 35 (spring clip)as an alternative to
the rubber O ring to secure the elements on the SOTA beam.

What rubber O ring? The elements of my SOTA beam are secured by a screw-in polystyrene bolt, with the element threaded through a hole in the middle of the bolt.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:
Hi Walt My SOTA beam must be an old model.It uses small rubber O rings to stop the element from moving 73 geoff

In reply to G3NYY:

You must have an SB270 Walt, the new and improved SOTAbeam and Geoff has the original SOTAbeam, which I believe Richard does not make any more.

Steve GW7AAV