M1EYP's correct SOTA reference

I have noticed that my Dad M1EYP was spotted on GW/NW-070 today. My Dad M1EYP was not activating GW/NW-070 today, he was activating GW/NW-076. If any of you have worked MW1EYP/P today and you have him logged as GW/NW-070, please can you correct you log to GW/NW-076!

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

Thanks for the update Jimmy, it was a bit difficult trying to break through the pile-up despite the good signals both ways.

Thanks & best 73,

Mark G0VOF

In reply to M3EYP:
Thanks Jimmy;

Log corrected

73 de Ken G3XQE

In reply to M3EYP:

My apologies Jimmy, I have corrected the spot.

Roy G4SSH

Hi Roy,

Many thanks for doing me the spot this morning, much appreciated. I have no idea whether the mistake came from my paddle or your pen, but it was definitely GW/NW-076, as Jimmy says.

7.032MHz was clear at the start, and seemed confirmed so when I called QRL? a couple of times. However, in the middle of my pile-up, I got the impression that another SOTA activation had started either on, or very close to the same QRG, so things got a little tricky.

After struggling for a while, I went to 7.033MHz instead, but didn’t get any responses on that one - so hopefully everyone that wanted to work me did so through the QRM on 7.032MHz.

Furthermore Roy, many thanks for all your spots during my 4 day Road Trip along the Offa’s Dyke Path with Liam. It really is quite something that you can call CQ SOTA without an alert or a self-spot anywhere between 7.030 and 7.034 and be immdeiately answered by G4SSH. And that the activator can send a request to be added to the comments field, send it once only, and be confident that it will appear for the benefit of all chasers!

If I sent a 0 instead of a 6, then I apologise, as it is more likely that I made an error with my sending than you did with your reading! Then again, a 6 scribbled quickly on a piece of paper could easily be read back as a zero, especially when the activator is asking you to say he will be going onto 2m FM after 40m CW!

Thanks to the very many callers who worked me on the 8 SOTAs I did with Liam: Walton Hill G/CE-002, Ruardean Hill G/WB-021, Black Mountain GW/SW-041, Bradnor Hill G/WB-011, View Edge G/WB-018, Long Mountain-Beacon Ring GW/MW-026, Y Golfa GW/NW-061 and Mynydd y Cwm GW/NW-076. We had a great time, and the full reports and photos will follow in due course.

73, Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Botherations! Saw the spot for NW-070 and a few minutes later was whizzing past Mynydd y Cwm GW/NW-076. If we had realised you were there we would have come and thrown rocks at you, I mean come and said hello. Hope you had a good time.

73 Steve GW7AAV