Looking for advice: HB/ "Haute Route Chamonix to Zermatt"

Hello, all: late in the summer of 2019 my XYL, another couple and I hope to hike most or all of the “Haute Route,” which runs from Chamonix to Zermatt. We currently are planning using the Rother Wanderfuehrer (the “red book” guide). We plan a hiking, rather than a mountaineering, trip and will not be carrying ropes, harnesses, ice axes, or similar mountaineering gear. I have the additional limitation that I am the only ham in the group. I can operate on 2m (Kenwood HT) or HF (KX1). Are there SOTA opportunities along the way that could be activated without significantly inconveniencing the others, or should I just leave the SOTA gear at home and enjoy the scenery?

You could take a couple of extra days in Chamonix to activate:

F/AB-258, Le Brévent - 2525m, 10 Points

F/AB-015, Aiguille du Midi - 3842m, 10 Points

Both can be accessed by cable car. You might need good filters on the Aiguille du Midi, there is a pretty big transmitter up there, among other things. Looks like the first summit on your route is HB/VS-264, Croix de Fer - 2343m, 8 Points; easily reached from Col de Balme. Both KX1 and HT might be a good idea, some of those summits may be small. Have you checked along your route with the Sota Mapping Project?

73 de OE6FEG / M0FEU
              Matt

…and also for hiking :
F/AB-314 : aiguillette des Posettes
F/AB-362 : Le Prarion

73 de Bruno, F6HHK

Thanks to both of you! I will start my research as you suggested.
Scott