Longitude & Latitude

All summits are now displaying Longitude & Latitude in homogeneous format. As previously discussed and requested this is in the form deg, mins, secs.

HUGE thanks to Martyn M1MAJ for doing the conversion work.

More to come…

73, Jon

An excellent job Martyn - much appreciated !

73 de Les, G3VQO

In reply to GM4ZFZ:
As much as I appreciate all the work which has gone into converting to the Deg Min Sec - format, it does mean that I will have to convert it back to NGR or some other decimal format in order to make it meaningful for use with my GPS and my setup of MemoryMap.
I first ran into this problem when activating in Germany last year as all the Summits were listed in Deg-Min-Sec format, and I had to do longhand conversion with pencil and paper. Being on a camping trip, I had no computer or calculator! The list of German summits have since been converted to a decimal format as the German activators have also discovered the same problem, I think.
As there may be some people who prefer the Deg-Min-Sec format, can it be made a user selectable parameter?
regards
Ken

In reply to GM0AXY:

Hi Ken,

I thought the same thing. I intend to make it an option. The core data is stored as a decimal anyway. I am converting to Deg Min Sec when displaying the page.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Important Changes

All users (not just UK as previously) can now see the distance and bearing of any summit from their home QTH on any summit details page. For this to work, you will have to enter your home Longitude & home Latitude in your user settings. The functionality that used to calculate this from the UK Grid Ref is now deprecated.

At the moment the Long & Lat need to be entered as signed decimals.

In reply to GM0AXY:

Hi Ken,

I have now put the signed decimal longitudes and latitudes as a mouseover pop up box over the summit coordinates.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

I have now put the signed decimal longitudes and latitudes as a
mouseover pop up box over the summit coordinates.

Great stuff!

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:
Just updated my personal details with Lat and Long. Works really well and of course much more accurate on distance than the maidenhead squares.
Thanks again
Q