Liz K1LIZ is back on the air

On Thursday March 7, 2019 at 17:39 Liz was back on the air. For the first time in a while.
She made a SOTA contact with me (Tom W1PTS) on 60m. While I was on W4T/SU-024 High Rock.
What a blessing to hear her back on the radio, sounding like her old self; chasing activators.
Her husband Ron KI4TN was my next contact.
I know it will not be long before they are back out there on a summit as activators.
Please join me in welcoming her back. and wishing her a full recovery

17 Likes

Wonderful news! Wishing Liz a full recovery.
Peter KD0YOB

I was listening while you made the QSO with Tom. It is great to hear you back on the air Liz.

73 Rich N4EX

What a great and heartening news.
Welcome back Liz and Ron.
Best wishes and big 73’s!
Eldina and Zoran, E70AA

Welcome back Liz. Tom - thanks very much for posting this heartening news.

Ariel NY4G

GREAT NEWS. LIZ, YOU ARE A MIRACLE. WELCOME BACK TO SOTA.

I was pleasently suprised to hear Liz and Ron chasing yesterday.
Welcome back you two. Wishing you a.continued recovery . All the best. Scotty, KG3W

My prayers answered…welcome back, Liz!

Dave AA1VX

zowee! You go Liz!
Scott kw4jm

Wonderful news! :pray:

It was great to hear K1LIZ back on the air last weekend chasing me. Welcome back indeed!

1 Like

I heard her on the weekend. Poor Ken VE6AGR almost fell off of his stool when he heard her.

Malen
VE6VID

I heard Liz on the air making a SOTA contact and it was by far the best thing I’ve heard on the airwaves in a very long time. Can’t wait to work you Liz and Ron on a summit sometime soon. Take care and regain your strength and energy and we’ll be looking for you on a summit.

Gary A. - W0MNA

WELCOME back LIZ & RON!!! Great news, indeed.
Ken and Kay

Liz it was good to hear you that day working Tom. Hopefully we will hear
more of you. Can’t wait to hear you on another activation.
de John Paul // AB4PP

FANTASTIC!!!

I tried to think of a greater example of courage over my past eight years doing SOTA, and I don’t believe there is one. Will you be able to activate again, Liz?

Elliott, K6EL

1 Like

Great to have you and Ron back, Liz! Glad you’re improving. Hope to work you folks again soon.

Mike, N4VBV

Wonderful news. Liz, I look forward to working you. Continued good health!

73 Paula k9ir

Liz and I are both grateful for the SOTA friends that we have come to know. SOTA is more than an activity, it is a group of good people that is almost a family.

As you know, Liz went through a pretty rough time; in fact, there was a while that I didn’t know if she would make it, but since then she has recovered and is doing much better. She continues her physical therapy at home and is talking about doing an easy activation maybe the end of this month or the first part of April.

We hope to continue working everyone both as activators and chasers and we both thank everyone for all the calls, e-mails, cards, text messages, gifts, and visits while she was in the hospital.

73 to all,
Ron and Liz
KI4TN and K1LIZ

1 Like