Listening & Reading

I heard Simon CQing for a while and he was quite lonely so I put a spot on the DX-cluster and on SOTA after I had a chat with him:

Mon 13:25
2W0CHV/P on GW/MW-001 - 7.121 ssb
NOT SOTA CQing & getting lonely, say hello to Simon 8-)(Posted by G6TUH)

Perhaps not a good idea…chasers did not read the NOT SOTA

Mike G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:

Perhaps not a good idea…chasers did not read the NOT SOTA

Yeah. The compact SOTAwatch spot format doesn’t show comments until you hover over them, so it’s easy to miss the comments, and on a mobile phone (or similar) the hover text may be difficult to get to display anyway.

73, Rick M0LEP

In reply to M0LEP:
Thanks Rick, I was not aware about the compact view; better not do it again :sunglasses:
Mike G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:

Perhaps not a good idea

Indeed, not a good idea as it’s only for SOTA spots. The clue is in the name of the web site!

For all non-SOTA issues there are sites such as QRPspots or the DX-cluster etc.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Indeed, not a good idea as it’s only for SOTA spots. The clue is in
the name of the web site!

Yes alright Andy, don’t rub it in :wink:

Mike G6TUH

In reply to G6TUH:

Hi Mike,

If you enjoy working pile-ups, get someone to put you on the DX cluster. When I was working GW/NW-076 Mynydd y Cwm with the special Q NOV, Roger MW0IDX asked me if I wanted to go on the DX cluster. I said yes and was duly swamped.

Great fun though. Took me half the night to log the activation as most of the calls were not stored in the system!

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to 2E0YYY:

Hello Mike,

“If you enjoy working pile-ups, get someone to put you on the DX cluster. When I was working GW/NW-076 Mynydd y Cwm with the special Q NOV, Roger MW0IDX asked me if I wanted to go on the DX cluster. I said yes and was duly swamped.”

Yes I have worked pile ups under my own call and other special calls. Cluster is good if you are CQing but not so good if you are late to arrive as a chaser or hunter. I felt a bit sorry for Simon hence the posts.As Simon is now an activator I thought it would be good to say hello to him without the brief SOTA type exchange. He is still having a lot of fun exercising the KX3 - good bit of kit especially with the SDR filtering etc.

Bye for now
Mike G6TUH