LiPO lover seeks friend

Back to topic, may I claim the freebie Richard?

My SOTA trip this summer will see me away for potentially 2 weeks, and 16 activations - so an extra SLAB’s worth of power could be very useful indeed.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to G6WRW:

but it does show how much confusion there is

The confusion is easily solved. You can safely ignore anything written on a internet forum unless I wrote it! :slight_smile:

To be serious, ignore the forums (fora?) and stick to the manufaturer’s data.

I seem to be able to get 2 activations from a 4Ah LiPO before I recharge. I expect 100 cycles per LiPO pack and with 2 packs that’s 400 activations.

£26 for 400 activations is 6.5p per activation if I need new packs every 400 activations. My time is worth so much more than that it’s not worth worrying about!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

I’ve got all my old slab batteries (4 x 7aH) connected in parallel to power my radios in the house, the batteries are permanently on charge … (constant voltage, limited current) from a solar panel and a homemade wind turbine. At least i’m getting some good use out of the old slabs.

Robert
G0PEB

In reply to G4OIG:
Thank you Gerald for the story. To clarify: this isn’t one of my regular radio gaffes - I’m relating a tale of two LiPos as received from Hong Kong. One was great and the other a dud. I suppose I should write to the Ebay shop to which Andy FMF was kind enough to provide a link and tell them about it [but am not hopeful of a good outcome].
cheers
David

In reply to 2E0DAI:

I think you’ll find that most of these Chinese eBay dealers are quite reasonable. It depends on how you approach them and how long you have had the item. If it’s only days you should contact the vendor and if they won’t play then contact eBay. If you’ve sat about wondering what to do you may have left it too late.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G3CWI:

I have a 7Ah Gel cell in excellent condition that is available free.
Collection only, from Macclesfield.

No takers - can’t even give them away it seems!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Thought Tom had claimed it…

his post is in amongst the mêlée :o)

Carolyn

In reply to G6WRW:

Woops - missed that! Thanks Carolyn.

In reply to M1EYP:
Hi Tom I can donate another 7ah slab if you want one ATB Geoff G6MZX