Less QRP more bands

There’s nothing we can do about conditions. Unfortunately the distance down to this part of the world doesn’t seem to have been optimal on any band. I could just hear you on 40m from Tosson Hill, but only 33 at best and definitely not workable. I was out when you were on Long Crag - would have been a new one for me. :frowning:

It looks like I should have stayed up north and looked for Helen on 2m. Maybe there is a lesson to be learnt there, but I doubt the NHS would have been very pleased if I had! :wink:

73, Gerald G4OIG

Edit: 01-08-2018 Once again on 40m you were barely readable - most frustrating as Peel Fell is another that I need.

Sorry Gerald for missing you. I understand your frustration.

Did you try calling? I thought I heard your call at one point. Peel Fell wasn’t originally in my plans but thought it was a good opportunity to tick in off leaving only Sighty Crag for me in the SBs.

Conditions on the top wasn’t pleasant, constant wind and drizzle which on occasion turned to rain. After 10 minutes when Helen and I had easily qualified I nearly packed away but a lull in the rain and the plie-up kept me working stations.

We eventually stayed an hour till we got too wet and chilled, even had to put gloves on it was that cold.

I’ll do a full write up with pictures of the 5 activations when I get home.

Carolyn

No, I didn’t call you Carolyn as there was no point. Even on peaks of QSB you were only Q2 / Q3 copy. It would have been good to get the Complete, but it will come one day. I have a Kenwood TS-711E up north so I will probably pick up the remaining SBs using that… of course I need to be up there and not down here in Northampton! This time it was just unfortunate with the timing.

73, Gerald