Lake District

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Jimmy

Sorry to read that you had to cancel. Good choice though judging by the snow here. If you and your dad want to do another activation over the next couple of days give me a ring!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M1EYP:
Sorry you’ve had to cancel Tom and Jimmy but a very wise decision. Here on the fringe of the lakes we had lying snow with ice underneath which is almost unheard of on Walney (the sea keeps it away!) It’s gone now but the wind is near gale and bitter. Local radio’s reporting most minor roads very difficult it’s hard to tell here 'cos we really do have a micro climate on the Furness Peninsula. We’ve decided to give today a miss as well which is a shame as we were looking forward to wishing everyone seasons greetings.
HAPPY CHRISTMAS everyone
Rob and Audrey
G4RQJ

PS we will return.

In reply to G4RQJ:
A shame you called it off, i had big plans too. Better safe than sorry and by the looks of the roads here theres not a lot gritting been done. Sean M0GIA

In reply to M1EYP:
Wise decision. Came down to Grasmere from Gt Rigg, via Stone Arthur, yesterday after going for the horsehoe. Slippy underfoot. Thank God for nailed boots.

Have a good Xmas

In reply to M3EYP:

Sorry to hear you’re under the weather Jimmy, hope you’re feeling better soon and able to get out onto the hills.

I hope to overtake Gerald G4OIG and Paul G4MD and Tom M3OOL in activator
points soon.

That’s fighting talk! Good luck with your attempt but I may not be that easy to catch…

I am hoping to do a few LD’s on 28th/29th December, based near Keswick. Any reports on local conditions from those resident in the vicinity nearer the time would be much appreciated!

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:

As I’ll arrive at Coniston on the 29th, I’ll appreciate them, too! Hoping for a bit of serious walking and some ice-axe practise, and an activation of the OMC each year!

Brian G8ADD

Hi All,

I’m glad we didcided not to go to the lake district now because I now know that there are reports of icy roads there.

Paul next week we are thinking of activating Foel Fenlli GW/NW-051 and Moel Fammau GW/NW-044 for our club outing just to get this years bonus points. We are also thinking activating Brown Clee Hill G/WB-002, Titerstone Clee Hill G/WB-004, Stiperstones G/WB-003, Lond Mynd Pole Bank G/WB-005 and Corndon Hill GW/MW-013 in one day. We are planning to activate Shinning Tor G/SP-004 for the VHF fun day. So I’m likey to overtake you and Gerald G4OIG.

Merry Christmas

Jimmy M3EYP

Macclesfield:

Imgur

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to M3EYP:

We are also thinking activating Brown Clee Hill G/WB-002,
Titerstone Clee Hill G/WB-004, Stiperstones G/WB-003, Lond Mynd Pole
Bank G/WB-005 and Corndon Hill GW/MW-013 in one day.

Hi Jimmy!

Good luck with that. Yes, G4ERP did exactly that in one day on 10th December, so it is certainly possible.

Merry Xmas,

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to M3EYP:

Hi Jimmy

Some fine sounding expeditions there! Have a great time. Look forward to working you on the VHF Fun Day.

Have a good Christmas

73 de Paul G4MD