La/tm-015

Hello all
Thanks for all chasers on my first sota activitation. Fun to be in the
other end of the pile-up. hi. Walk from the parking was about 1hour 30minutes.
(about 500mtrs climb), so my legs was not up for yet another summit.
Rig hr is a KX-1 abt. 4w. See you soon on another summit
73/72 de Aage

In reply to LA1ENA:

Congratulations Aage on an excellent first activation. 37 contacts is no mean feat - well done. Pity, but I was too busy with my work to be QRV today. Hopefully catch you on another summit soon.

73, Gerald G4OIG

P.S. It is a pity that the LA summits in the web pages do not have the positioning data entered - we are not able to see where you were.

In reply to LA1ENA:

Many thanks for the QSO Aage, it was a pleasure to work you on your first activation from Norway.

Your 4w output was giving a good signal early in the morning.

73 Hope to hear you again soon.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to LA1ENA:

Walk from the parking was about 1hour 30minutes.
(about 500mtrs climb), so my legs was not up for yet another summit.

Aage, congratulations for this first one! I could’nt hear you here in Reims, but had lot of QRM.
Walking 1h30mn to reach the summit is perfectly in SOTA spirit. 10 activations a day is not.

73 QRO
Alain F6ENO

In reply to LA1ENA:

Thanks for S2S. You were quite weak but I could hear you, you’ve been the last one in the log before closing :wink:

Walking 1h30mn to reach the summit is perfectly in SOTA spirit.
10 activations a day is not.

Everyone has the right to do it the way he wants.

73 Norby

In reply to LA1ENA:
Hi Aage
I was surprised how loud you were at my QTH near Inverness - propagation is not usually good to LA land at that time of morning.
So, congrats on your signals, thanks for your activation and welcome to LA SOTA!
73 Cris
GM4FAM

In reply to LA1ENA:

Hello Aage
It was a great pleasure to have you in my log from the first ever SOTA LA activation. Many thanks. Your signals were very good here in the south of England.
One thing mystifies me. In mid afternoon when Roy/SSH thought you were calling again but under another SOTA station, I heard TF/LA9SN calling SOTA also. Was he trying to contact you. He was too weak for me to work and find out.

Best 73’s
David/G4CMQ

In reply to G4CMQ:

I heard TF/LA9SN calling SOTA

David,
He rather called IOTA since he’s supposed to be on Heimaey.

73 Norby

In reply to LX1NO:

Thanks Norby. That explains it since he was on the DX Cluster on other bands but only SSB so I missed an opportunity, but he was on the SOTA segment so I would have caused QRM!!

Cu soon
David/G4CMQ

In reply to F6ENO and DH8DX:

Hi Alain,

I find my body tends to want to give up beyond 2 hours, so 1 hr 30 mins is really sufficient walking from my point of view, at least until I get a sit down to operate. I am sure many LA summits will be much more difficult and it will be interesting to see which summits and areas are activated within the first year or so.

73, Gerald

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the information - I should have realised that it was on SummitsBase. I opened GoogleEarth directly from the SOTA summit page without seeing that the co-ordinates had not been entered and it took me to a rather wet location in the Altlantic Ocean south of Ghana, Hi!

73, Gerald

In reply to G4CMQ:

Hi David

I heard CQ SOTA from LA1ENA in the afternoon and gave him a call but the reply was QRM’d by another activator so I made a quick spot in case anyone else could hear him better.

However, I quickly realised that it was an idiot playing around and cancelled the spot.

Ur query solved !

Roy G4SSH

P.S. The curse of the extra dot - I too have heard the odd IOTA station calling CQ SOTA instead of CQ IOTA on CW.

In reply to G4CMQ:

In reply to LA1ENA:

Hello Aage
It was a great pleasure to have you in my log from the first ever SOTA
LA activation. Many thanks.> Best 73’s
David/G4CMQ

Hi David, Aege was not the first ever LA SOTA activation, that honour went to Bjorg LB1GB and I had the honour of being the first chaser to work the first ever LA activation at 0637utc.

Sorry I missed you Aege, I could hear you but just a faint whisper, so it would have been unfair of me to call you in the pile up.

Congratulations to the 3 LA ops who activated yesterday, a great job by all, welcome to SOTA.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G4SSH:

Hello Roy
Yes, I realised you quickly cancelled the spot. I was surprised to hear what now turns out to be an IOTA call on our QRG so connected the two situations, as one does. Query solved. It amazes me how quickly the problems are solved on here due to the intelligence and wisdom of so many participants :slight_smile:

73’s
David/G4CMQ

In reply to LX1NO:

10 activations a day is not.

Everyone has the right to do it the way he wants.

Yes Norby ! remember… the winner climbed 24 summits in 24 hours last year… and I think it’s possible to do better…
I don’t if there is an award for that ?

73 Alain