LA/OS-003 - First SOTA Norway activation

Hello to all,

I only had time for a 30 minute operation on this first day of SOTA Norway. LA/OS-003 was chosen because of very easy access. It’s located just above Holmenkollen(known to some for the skijump). It’s a very short walk from the parking lot if you park at the very top, but you don’t have to drive if you don’t want to. It will take about 1-2 hours on asphalt from the bottom of the hill if you like walking. You can also take the metro, Holmenkollbanen, from Oslo Centrum to last stop Frognerseteren stasjon, 469m ASL. It’s also perfect for the disabled as you can use roads, asphalt and gravel, all the way.

GW0DSP was the first QSO at 06:37 UTC with 6 more station to follow before I had to close down. Thanks to all for the QSO’s, it was great fun and very far from what I normally do(see la8w.com), QRO contesting.

Congrats to LA1TPA and LA1ENA for their activations and I’m very grateful for all the help they have provided to SOTA Norway.

My next activation will probably be from a summit north of Oslo, in the AH district.

BTW, the lakes on OS-003 is still frozen and there are spots of snow all over.

73 de Bjorn LB1GB

In reply to LB1GB:

Hello Bjorn

Thank you very much for the first ever SOTA LA QSO, I couldn’t believe my luck to be a part of that little piece of SOTA history.

Congratulations on your activation and let’s hope for many more QSO’s in the future.

Vy 73 Mike GW0DSP

Hello Bjorn
Congratulation You to the firs Norway SOTA activation. In OK you were very weak. Strength of your sigs were 0-2. I didn’t call you to don’t interfere other more happy HAMs. I hope to meet you soon on the next SOTA.
73 Jirka OK1DDQ

In reply to LB1GB:
Nice to have LA among us! PSE do some 80m CW next time.

In reply to SM1TDE:

I have the 30/80 module for my KX1, but I need to assemble and install it. I’m not a builder, so if I don’t find someone to help me, it might take a while before I will be active on 80M. Till then 20, 30 and 40 will be my bands.

Bjørn LB1GB

In reply to LB1GB:
hi my friend,

are that high shipping costs from LA to DL ?
If not , theres no problem to send that module to me.
it will takes me 1 day to assemble the module,and then ,
you have it back in a few days …

vy 73 Klaus DF2GN

now on the way to DM/BW-269 … CU

In reply to LB1GB:

Many thanks for my first ever SOTA from Norway Bjorn.

I hope that you can make it onto 30m, which gives good coverage across EU.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to DF2GN:

theres no problem to send that module to me.

Please contact me at: http://sota.no/contact

Regards Bjorn LB1GB

In reply to LB1GB:

Hi Bjorn,

first i have send a few e-mails to homebrewers there in Norway.
Will wait for a reply to me.
in this time you can try my e-mail :slight_smile:

klausst72@aol.com

vy 73 klaus DF2GN