KE7BGM, Kay, the latest AZ Mtn GOAT

Congrats to Kay, KE7BGM, for becoming the latest Arizona Mtn GOAT. I believe she is only the second Lady GOAT in North America.

Great job Kay! Looking forward to your next 1000 points??

Pete
WA7JTM

10 Likes

Yes, by all means, CONGRATS to Kay for this accomplishment! She and Hal have some wonderful stories about SOTA and activating in AZ. Good job Kay!

Guy/n7un aka nS0TA

Congratulations Kay on achieving Mountain Goat.

Jimmy M0HGY

1 Like

Congratulations Kay! It’s time for a party!

73, Bud N7CW

Congratulations, Kay! Great job on using CW!

Wish I would have been able to work you…especially since we are both QRS!

Dave, AE9Q

CONGRATS Kay, What an accomplishment. Does this make you a Mother Goat.? Just kidding. Enjoy the moment.

Jack kb7hh

K9PM, Paul, will become the next AZ Mtn GOAT June 19th, later today, so a three GOAT party soon???

Pete
WA7JTM

1 Like

Nicely done Kay! The AZ goat herd is growing fast. I always enjoy making contact with you. Keep up the great work.

73, Brad
WA6MM

So exciting, CONGRATULATIONS Kay! You and Ken are so inspirational with all the hiking and SOTA that you do all over Arizona. I was so happy to make it into your log yesterday! Looking forward to the big party!!!

Keith KR7RK

Big congrats Kay. I was happy to be in the group that worked you on this qualifying summits. Thanks for all the Q’s and points. Now if we could only control 40m propagation !! Ken is doing a great job on 60m, as well.

73/88 Tommy W7RV

CONGRATS ON YOUR MOUNTAIN GOAT STATUS!!! I enjoy working you on the AZ. summits.
Thanks for doing all the activating, helps me reach my goals ALSO!!!

God Bless,

Chuck - KA5PVB
West Texas

Congrats Kay on your Goat status!
Nice to have worked you along the way. You are an inspiration to my
12 year old grandaughter who is learning cw and working towards her ticket.
Gary
K3TCU

Congratulations Kay! You are truly an inspiration! Another amazing accomplishment for you! I am looking forward to helping you celebrate!

–Chris K7TAB

Congratulations Kay on Mountain Goat status. Great working you when I could hear you on 40 meters but missed you a number of times due to band conditions.

Gary A. - W0MNA

Just so everyone knows, Kay made Mountain GOAT using CW only, which she just recently learned (not bad for a rookie CW operator)…and there is more…she recently had a knee replacement surgery.

Gentlemen, this lady makes us look like a bunch of wimps!

Hats off to her!

Pete
WA7JTM

2 Likes

Let me add my congratulations to you Kay, great accomplishment. Always happy to put you in the log. 73/88 Tom NQ7R

Congratulations!
Bob AC1Z

There’s a back story here. Kay did MG in only 15 months, BUT she took off two months mid-way for a knee replacement, her second one in three years. So, it took her 13 months, net, rivaling the eight months it took NA6MG. She used all CW, which she learned on the fly, and she used virtually all 40 meters, due to limitations on her entry-level license. She did have one little head start. She was a 300 summit peak-bagger before discovering Sota. Five feet, three inch dynamo, pictured below with K6HPX.

Elliott, K6EL
SOTA MT

6 Likes

Congratulations Kay.

73 Rich N4EX

GREAT BIG THANKS TO CHASERS!
(THIS FROM KAY, WHOSE COMPUTER IS DOWN FOR UPGRADES):

Thank you all very much, mostly for your patience when listening to my stumbling code at 10 wpm. I am a hiker, and got hooked on SOTA after leading Kenny up peaks, and then waiting hours while he played radio. My overwhelming thanks go to Kenny, who spent hours planning our trips, providing the radio stuff, and entering information into the database. We did mostly drive-ups during recovery from knee surgery. After that, we activated “regular” peaks, including cinder cones, which are definitely not drive-ups! Kenny endured all my moaning and groaning about practicing code, and struggled up Carr Peak with me on a hot day for the Mtn. Goat. He is a keeper for sure. We will continue our adventures, hiking and CW, so keep listening. I am the slow one!
Thanks again,
Kay, KE7BGM
Kismetksm@gmail.com