Japanese activators mixer at Mt.Tsukuba (JA/IB-003)

JI1TLL

“Yamatomusen” is a Japanese outdoor ham club publishing non-commercial magazine every year reporting their recent activities since 1986.
On 14 Nov, some of members and their friends gathered at a public lodge “Tsukubane-so” near Mt. Tsukuba (JA/IB-003) and enjoyed a discussion concerning equipment, technic and operating style. Some of the participants were SOTA activators and they were moving to JA/IB-003, JA/IB-004, JA/IB-005 and JA/IB-006 at the weekend.

Jun JI1TLL

The back: *JI1TLL. JI1OJQ, *JR1NNL, JH1QZW, *JH0CJH, JA1CTC, *JL1BWG
The front: JJ1KAE, JA0QD, 7K1BAE, JS1UEH
(
SOTA activators)

11 Likes

Hopefully when next years gathering comes around, a few more SOTA activator asterisks will have been added for the group photo call signs.

Jun, all the chasers and activators in Europe,America and Australasia are keen to hear about SOTA activity in Japan. Please keep up the reports.

2 Likes

Nice to see the faces behind the calls, especially JS1UEH, with his ideal combination of determination and patience.

Elliott, K6EL
Sota MT

JI1TLL

Thank you, one and all, for your kind reply!
You may know our mountains have much snow in winter and the activity might decrease slightly.
Anyway, if you have a chance to go to Japan, don’t hesitate to contact us. We have much information for you.

Jun JI1TLL

1 Like

Jun

It is great to see how well SOTA is going in Japan. This photo shows a very happy and fit group!

Very nice to see Js1UEH in this picture as I have worked him several times despite my poor antenna on 21 MHz.

Thank you very much.

Andrew / Andy on CW
VK1DA VK2UH

Jun,

SOTA Japan has come a long way since that first meeting in Ebisu in October 2014. Great to see the progress, and to see Toru literally flying the SOTA flag on his weekend activation too!

Cheers,
Andrew
VK3ARR

I activated Tsukuba-san in August, as JI1ASG. It was my first real SOTA activation in Japan. It’s easy to get to, and an easy hike. It’s well within range of Tokyo, so lots of potential contacts are available.

I really ought to make a blog entry about the activation.

Andrew

Hi, Andrew

Glad to find your reply.
The meeting at Ebisu beer garden was the first step of SOAT in japan.
It’s my pleasure to introduce mysterious Japanese activators behind fog.
Hope to hear of your activation in JA.

Jun JI1TLL

1 Like