Is this easy way to GW/NW-001?

Stewart G0LGS

Stuck? Should have used a Land Rover … :wink:

John GM8OTI

In reply to G0LGS:

They must have driven on the railway track bed, good job there were no trains coming down at the time. I’m surprised it hasn’t been done before :slight_smile:

Robert
G0PEB

In reply to G0PEB:
It’s not the first attempt.
http://snowdonsplendour.co.uk/wyddfa01a.html

Hwyl a fflag
Alun
2W0CYM

It may be a tale of tall proportions but I have heard of at least one person who claims to have driven up Snowdon. He says they went up in a Land Rover at night in winter and it was snowing. They drove most of the way on the railway tracks and came down as dawn was breaking. They said it was okay going up and the Land Rover never missed a beat even when the snow started, but it was very scary coming down because they could see the drop. I tend to believe the guy as I know some other things he has done and a lot of it is way more scary. I could tell you whom but he would have to kill me. He who dares, Rodney and all that.

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

This has always been my favourite mountain story

In reply to G1ZAR:

I like the one about the late Don Whillans contracting to take a motorbike to the summit of the Ben as an advertising stunt. When he got to the top and the necessary photos had been taken, he kicked the bike and walked down to the pub in Fort Bill, leaving the support team to get the bike back down!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to GW7AAV:

It’s obviously a made up Story Steve. A Land Rover would never be able to travel that far in such a short time without breaking down at least once.

:wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

In reply to GW7AAV:

It’s obviously a made up Story Steve. A Land Rover would never be able
to travel that far in such a short time without breaking down at least
once.

Andy
MM0FMF

True, and its not the best of locations to replace a half-shaft!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to MM0FMF:

It’s obviously a made up Story Steve. A Land Rover would never be able
to travel that far in such a short time without breaking down at least
once.

Bait not taken.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

Bait not taken.

Well I was overtaken by a Land Rover and caravan combination yesterday. Before you ask I wasn’t going downhill.

I was astounded until I noticed the LR was on a Isuzu flatbed recovery wagon and the caravan was attached to the back of that!

:slight_smile:

(Ay thang-yewl all!)

Andy, MM0FMF

In reply to G0LGS:
as a follow up from the original story:

73 de Ken

In reply to G0LGS:

Mountain mystery over vehicle near Snowdon summit - BBC News

Stewart G0LGS

Bicycles are banned from G/SP-004 Stewart, however, they still fly up and down it. Parts of the path are in need of repair and bikes certainly don’t help the situation.

73 Mike
2E0YYY