Ingleborough today

Having unexpectedly got a day off today decided to do Ingleborough.
It was raining when I left home - it was still raining when I parked - it was chucking it down and blowing a gale when I reached the summit.
Don’t mind walking in rain but hate sitting in it and XYL was giving me black looks aided and abetted by dog Tansy.
So apologies to those who didn’t work me in my very quick (20mins) activation.
When I got home my log had partially turned to papier machee.
I have worked out all but 2 chasers worked. Can you help?
First Derek in Heysham and second Bob in Ulverston.

Thanks in advance

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Hi Roger, I worked you at 11:24–11:25 utc I sent59 and rx you at 56

I think you worked Mick 2E0hJD approx11:22(1st contact), then me, then in this order, Steve GW7AAV/M in Connah’s Quay at 11:28, Paul GW0WTT in Ewloe at 11:29, Barry M3PXW at 11:30 in Ellesmere Port and Brian G4ZRP on the Wirral, approx 11:32.
Hope this helps

Mike

In reply to G4OWG:
Id bet your house its G0LEE - Bob & M1DRX Derek

In reply to GW0DSP:
Thanks Mike - I have all those except M3PXW who I did not work.
Mick 2E0HJD was actually my 4th contact. G1CCL was my first then the 2 missing ones.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G1INK:
Spot on Inky - but i’m not a betting man :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to GW0DSP:

hi roger

mike put me down by mistake (m3pxw barry). I only worked g3tje/p today

barry m3pxw

In reply to G4OWG:

OOPS !!! ah well, was close, not bad from memory, hi.

Mike

In reply to G4OWG:

When I got home my log had partially turned to papier machee. <

Roger,

Go to the piggy bank and use a knife on it. Treat yourself to one of Richard’s weatherproof logs - I did and it has come in very handy when the wet stuff has been passing by - horizontally like!

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to G4OIG:
Hi Gerald

Have one of those already - but need reading glasses to write in small spaces.
Glasses + rain and cloud on summit steam up so can’t see through them.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Hi Roger,

Yes, I know what you mean… I don’t have a problem, but John BVE suffered on Foel Fenlli. Of course you could always homebrew your own logsheets on waterproof paper.

If it’s fine I use a homebrew version on standard 100g paper with 15 contacts per side. The Waterlog has 10 contacts per side, so a run on 5MHz eats it up very quickly. A few weeks ago I asked Mick HJD to waffle while I changed log sheets - it worked fine. Had I asked certain other operators I’ve come across, then I’d have run out of battery while on receive!

73, Gerald G4OIG

G4OIG & G4OWG in the same thread, my aging eyes couldn’t spot the difference for a while. I’ve cleaned the monitor now!

I bought some waterproof notepad refills from Aquascribe, 105mm x 150mm and 30 sheets for £3.38 plus delivery. Being terminally tight fisted, I have used the same sheet 3 times now. Write with an HB pencil and don’t press too hard. You can clean up the sheet nicely with one of those Staedtler synthetic rubbers ready for next time. I might only ever need the one sheet at this rate!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

G4OIG and G4OWG in the same thread <

Andy, it’s something Roger and I have to bear… at least WE know who WE are even if others are confused!

my aging eyes couldn’t spot the difference for a while. I’ve cleaned the monitor now!<

I certainly did laugh out loud!

Thanks for the tip on the paper. That seems quite inexpensive - some packs of A4 size are much more, but I suppose they are aimed at the commercial market and the manufacturer’s feel they can charge more.

73, Gerald G4OIG

In reply to MM0FMF:

Hi Andy

I had 100 A4 waterproof sheets given to me sometime ago they call the paper ZECOM but I have printed maps off on this waterproof paper but the ink can still be wet after a few days, I use a Epson R300 any thoughts on this Andy.

Terry G0VWP

In reply to 2E0HJD:

I wouldn’t mind a copy please Mick. My email address is in qrz.com.

Mike

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Hi Mick
Well you can send me the template Mick and the other thing where I may have gone wrong is not using waterproof ink where do you get this from?.
I made a clip board last year.
Terry

I use a “Rite In The Rain” waterproof notepad. I ordered a set of three from inthefield.com (not sure if that website still sells them) back in 2003. They are only pocket size but have lots of pages. After 3.5 years I am nearly at the end of my second book - around 300 activations worth. I used to have a waterproof ballpoint pen from the same site, which was superb, but I lost it and they stopped stocking them. I have since used a pencil which is probably even better!

Jimmy uses one of G3CWI’s “Waterlog” systems.

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Nice one, ta Mick.

73 Mike

In reply to 2E0HJD:

Thanks for that Mick fit nice.
And will have to look on my ink web site see if they do it it a guy in Newcastle.

Terry

In reply to G0VWP:

ZECOM but I have printed maps off on this waterproof paper but
the ink can still be wet after a few days, I use a Epson R300 any
thoughts on this Andy.

Zecom does not absorb inkjet ink, in my experience. It just sits on the surface and simply washes off - not what is wanted. Zecom paper works brilliantly in laser printers.

Here is an internet dealer that has the Rite In The Rain notepads. (Mine are the All Weather Notebooks (Green)):

http://www.rvops.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70&zenid=3us90f1j73cge1blq3bh9co6n6