Important Database Update

In reply to 2E0YYY:

A reasonable question. The unreasonable answer is none! :wink:

The reasonable answer is the facility already exists on Mario DC7CCC’s excellent website ( http://www.adventureradio.de ) There’s no point me doing something which already exists. Especially as Mario’s code presents the data in a very pretty form and I have to spend ages faffing about to make mine look as good.

Andy
MM0FMF

Mickey,

There is a nice quick shortcut to get your answer.

Look at you activator log and scroll to the bottom. Then click on “Save to File”, and ‘Open’. An Excel file of all your QSOs will appear. Scroll to the bottom and take a note of the row number containing the last line of data.

Subtract one from it, and that is your all-time activator QSO total. Takes seconds. Just did mine and I am on 17,349 activator QSOs so far. ISTR that Excel ‘only’ goes down to 65536 rows, so what happens on activator logs like Steve G1INK’s I am uncertain!

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

You’ll be pleased to know that’s the same answer as Mario’s analysis page produces. So either you’re both right or both wrong. But at least you are both consistently right or wrong!

:slight_smile:

Andy
MM0FMF

Seems my information was correct up to Excel 2003, but Excel 2007 increased the amount of rows to 1,048,576 - so INKy (and others) should be able to use that shortcut for returning the numbers of activator QSOs to date, for some time to come.

Tom M1EYP

Cheers Andy, nice site, lots of info.

Mike 2E0YYY

In reply to M1EYP:

Cheers Tom.

BTW, thanks for the spots yesterday, also thanks to Karen and Carolyn…

Mike 2E0YYY

Another Database enhancement I can think of…

When the points scores of two activators are equal, the Database (although showing their places as equal) puts the activator with the highest average points per summit in front.

Having examined the position of 6th equal in the G Activators Table, I think it would be better to have the activator with the most number of activations undertaken in front.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:

Having checked it all looks fine to me. I really cannot understand why you would seek to ask Andy to be troubled with such minor matters.

Richard
G3CWI

Another database error, why are duplicate QSO’s in an activation shown as separate QSO’s?

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to G3CWI:

How about this… I’ll change it so it sorts on points first and then by callsign alphabetically. That’s instead of points, then average points.

Andy
MM0FMF

then by callsign alphabetically

I would prefer by callsign number.

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M3EYP:

An error is when the result is unexpected or erroneous.

Andy
MM0FMF