I done it!

Hi all
At 14.47 this afternoon I reached 1000 points. The points were gained in a CW qso on 10mhz with Klaus on DM/BW-159. Klaus was very very patience.
I would never have expected my Shacksloth points to have been earned with the key. Thank you SOTA
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:

Many Congratulatiuons on S/S Quentin.
Magnificent and well deserved.
The big finish on CW with Klaus was the iceing on the cake.

Roy G4SSH

Nice one Quentin. The CW is great fun isn’t it?

In reply to GW3BV:
Well done Quentin

73 Graham G4JZF

In reply to GW3BV:

Excellent!! Well done, congratulations Q on a terrific achievement and what a finish with the CW contact with Klaus.
I look forward to qualifying myself, I’m on 964 so can appreciate your achievement. Have a glass of bubbly on me.

VY 73 de Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW3BV:

Well done Quentin. It must have been especially satisfying finishing on CW!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to GW3BV:
Well done Quentin, great acheivement!

Roger MWØIDX

In reply to MW0IDX:
Thanks everyone. Having the qualifying points on CW was indeed quite something, and certainly not what I would have expected when I had my first SOTA qso on 2mts FM in August 2002 as a “B” licensee! (I didn’t start seriously as a chaser until middle of 2005.) SOTA really has helped me developed my skills and start new ones. Also with my circumstances its good to be able to achieve something like this in such good company.
The next milestone will be the “Supersloth” 10000. Could take a while.
I will also activate one day, somehow, somewhere, I promise.
Thanks for all the points and the friendships.
Cheers all
Q

In reply to GW3BV:

Again, well done Quentin!
Now that you have achieved this milestone, am sure we can help
you to activate your 1st summit in MW this summer, and maybe on CW!
Will keep in touch and ‘work on the plan!’

73s de Peter G(W)3TJE+

Well done Quentin!
The 1,000 points is a milestone, but getting onto CW is a bigger achievement and should help you on your way to the 10,000. I’m working on the CW myself and hopefully I will get the chance to work you on the key, either on or from a summit, in the not to distant future.

Best regards Steve GW7AAV
http://gw7aav.googlepages.com