I am on the front cover of Practical Wireless again

Glad the both of you managed it in the end. It does take a lot of organisation with the permit and everything but it paid off for you guys!

I really rated the walk up to Guajara, I activated it twice, the first time taking a terrifyingly steep and hairy path up and the second time took the much more sensible path that the both of you took.

I captured the dodgy ascent for your viewing pleasure:

I don’t recommend it to anyone!

Cheers,
James M0JCQ

Yeah seen it before James, and it made me feel ill just watching it. It was top quality knowledge to have when we activated it. We knew exactly which route NOT to take hi. Yeah the main route is a cracking walk, a great proper mountain day out.

Just watched it again, from behind the settee and through the cracks of my fingers “Dr Who” style for THAT part of the video! Enjoyed it again, possibly I only watched it previously before my own activation up there. Good memories.

I also felt ill watching it, but it has to be said that the camera viewpoint swishing all over the place with only a second or two to take in any feature was the real cause of my problem! From the geological point of view the video was really full of interest, particularly the under cut ash bands - and if you found that path “terrifyingly steep and hairy” I suggest that you stay away from the summits in the Cuillin of Skye, where that sort of path is about par for the course! Tom, you would really hate the Cuillin! Unfortunately I haven’t scanned any of my old slides yet to show you what I mean.

Brian

I’ll take your word for it Brian! Apologies for the camera viewpoint changing all the time, you can blame that on a) adrenaline, b) caffeine, c) ADHD, d) poor cameraman skills, e) all of the above!

Glad it was useful Tom, it’s the kind of thing I wish I’d known beforehand :smiley:

Anyone, seriously well done and good to see more summits have been added to EA8, Gran Canaria is now looking rather tasty indeed, when I was out there it had 1 summit, it now has 27 summits, 10 of which are 10 pointers :wink:

James M0JCQ