How heavy is your bag?

Bemused by the thread “How heavy is a microphone?” I wondered just how much my bag weighs when loaded.

So including water, radio, SLAB, antennas, radio stuff, waterproof jacket and trousers, warm layer, hat, gloves, survival stuff/safety stuff but no food the whole kit and caboodle weighs 12kgs.

So does that seem heavy or light compared to your bag?

Andy
MM0FMF

Mine’s 12kg which includes a “light-weight” deep cycle 12Ah batterie, IC706, 40m dipole, keyer, some ropes and straps. Around 15kg using the 22Ah battery.

73 Norby

In reply to MM0FMF:
About 8/10K at this end. Both winter and summer. More water for the summmer and more garments for the winter.

C-ya!

Jack (:>J

In reply to MM0FMF:

Abt 12kg for mine, without water and with two Drifit 2Ah batteries.
73 Alain

My basic kit weighs around 15kg including survival kit (permanently carried regardless of the weather), 3.3AH SLAB, 817 and small 2m linear, mic, headphones, key, HF antenna, cables, etc., but this is with a 4m ally mast and 5 element 2m beam (excludes food and water as this can vary quite a lot). Taking the 12AH SLAB and big 2m linear adds a further 8kg - acceptable when the walk in is short.

Gerald G4OIG

In reply to MM0FMF:

Including water, Radio, SLAB, Antennas, Radio Coax ext, waterproof
jacket and trousers, warm layer, hat, gloves, survival stuff/safety
stuff but no food the weighs is 12kgs.

Terry
G0VWP

In reply to G0VWP:

Dependant on wether 817 or 857, linked dipole, 7ah SLAB, coaxes (hf & VHF), palm paddle, very small mobile atu (just in case of problems), guying equipment, emergency repair kit, log pad and pens/pencils. 10.5 to 11kgs.

Not including food/fluids, telescopic pole and sotabeam.

Mike GW0DSP

Thanks everyone for the replies. For a moment I had a horrible feeling that everyone else was only taking 3 or 4kgs with them and I was humping a huge great bag about!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Don’t worry Andy, I activated Great Rhos MW-002 and Beacon Hill MW-010 with a 22kg load. I did have 3 rigs, a heavy duty dipole and RG-213 on board. Needless to say, it was only a one-off!

The reason my bag weighs more than most is that I include some things I carry in my anorak / fleece pockets in the total - mobile phone, GPS, C528 handie (a brick in itself), camera and small field binoculars. The latter guarantee hazy views from any summit! Of course, I started SOTA at 13st 12lbs and now weight 11lbs less, so that’s 5kg less weight for my legs to carry.

73, Gerald