Horizontal summit operation criteria

I’ve just become aware that some very few associations have not only the commonly known criteria to operate within a vertical distance from the summit of 25 m, but also one to operate within a horizontal distance of xx m from the summit.

What is the general policy to tolerate such additional limitations from the view of the Management Team resp. the motivation to require this from the view of an association manager?

Personally, I don’t see much sense to set up additional limitations that I cannot retrieve from the general rules of the MT - but I suppose that there will be explanations to do so all the same.

Thanks for clarification to understand that better.

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

There is no horizontal limit, but there are some association manuals which incorrectly list this. These are being updated and corrected as an ongoing process.

The rules are on the website, but I’m sat in the car waiting to get on the ferry to Lerwick, so I can’t give you a link right now.

Thanks, Andy, I’ve understood that such criteria is not binding for a SOTA operation.

Enjoy the ferry, and vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ
(in the backyard at present, hi)

"Rule 3.12.4 Precedence

The General Rules have precedence over the Association Reference Manual in case of any conflict. The General Rules also have precedence over all other program documentation, official or otherwise; e.g. Activators Guidlines, etc. Where the General Rules have been translated into other languages, the English version has precedence over other language versions in case of any conflict."