Hi from M0SWZ...Ian

Hiya!

After an airwave hiatus I’ve just bought another 817nd. It’s first use was hearing GW4WSB’s call from Cordon Hill with his 4el beam…being over 80 miles away & listening through a home brewed half wave in the loft space I was surprised to make contact but we did just about.

Sunday saw Chris-2W0RGE on Tal y Fan coming through crystal clear who suggested I took a look on the website, followed by MW0WML, another climber of Cordon Hill with clearer audio than the previous day as I was /P on Werneth Low with a clearer view South.

Am enjoying this and will be keeping an eye on the Spots & Alerts.

Best wishes & look forward to working more of you soon!

Ian…

5 Likes

Hi Ian,

Welcome aboard!

Adrian
G4AZS

Welcome Ian,
You’re probably going to have a lot of fun with SOTA.
73 de Guru - EA2IF

The next challenge: Identify someone who will not!
73 Jim G0CQK

1 Like

No, SOTA is totally boring and I can’t see any reason why anybody should get on top of a mountain just to make radio contacts.
:wink:

Ahoi
Pom

3 Likes

Quite agree Pom, in fact I’ll be glad when I’ve done all the summits so I can stop :wink:

Welcome to the addiction Ian!

73 de Paul G4MD

1 Like

Thanks for the welcome :grinning:

Just don’t start activating, you’ll never get anything else done on a weekend.

1 Like

Welcome aboard Ian. Sounds like you’ve caught the bug, like the rest of us! Anything that gets us out of the shack or office and into nature can’t be a bad thing!

We’re a pretty good crowd, feel free to ask advice (but be prepared to get at least three different answers to the same question HI).

73 Ed DD5LP / VK2JI / G8GLM.

1 Like

Greetings Ian.

Be careful it bites.
Once Sota bug has its teeth in you it will never let go.

Only a greenhorn me self, only started since Aug 2014 and become a very serious chaser and a very enjoyable part of the hobby even with my little station.

Enjoy

Karl

1 Like

Ian, it’s “Corndon Hill” - not Cordon. Let’s get the easy Welsh spellings sorted first, then we can move onto the slightly more tricky ones :wink:

Welcome to SOTA!

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that Karl - I’ve never had more than 5 watts & have little ambition to - I did the licences for the interest not the watts :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the contact on Sunday from Corndon Hill. Hope to speak to you again soon, probably in North Wales.

Welcome to the SOTA programme, best thing I’ve got involved in for a long time.

1 Like

Ok Teach’ - as long as I don’t have to remember the lengthy name of a certain Welsh railway station there’s hope :joy:

1 Like

Hiya Gerald - will keep an eye on the alerts :grinning:

1 Like