Hendricks "SOTA" EFHW 40 to 15m tuner

This looks like a nice addition to the “must have” gear. A tiny tuner weighing in at 72g !

Andrew - K1YMI / GM1YMI

In reply to K1YMI:

I built one of these:

and

Works brilliantly.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

Kit? All my own work! 30m-10m

EDIT: The kit looks nicer than mine, especially the shiny box :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

EDIT: The kit looks nicer than mine, especially the shiny box :wink:

and it has the SWR bridge built in too!

Colin

In reply to K1YMI:

Looks nice. Maybe Doug could be persuaded to make his reference to Summits on the Air into a link?

Richard
G3CWI

Is there a standard licensing agreement, or is the SOTA name up for grabs? I’d like to market a line of SOTA personal hygene products.

Stu

In reply to KI6J:

He may, of course, be referring to this SOTA:

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

An artful dodge. Olé!!

Stu

In reply to G3CWI:
Yes, I was wondering about that too … hence part of the reason for posting. I wondered about the use of the name… But you are right a link to drive traffic would be very nice.

Andrew
K1YMI

In reply to G3CWI:

Its surprising how many sotas there are!

www.sota.edu.sg
www.sota.net.au

www.sota.dhama.org
www.sota.ro

…just to list a few!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:

You are late; the Banderillero has already left the ring.

Stu

In reply to G3CWI:

An intriguing site. They sell a gizmo that produces a 6000Guass magnetic field and claim this is theraputic. The magnetic field under a 400kV supergrid powerline is at maximum 1Gauss and campaigners against powerlines will tell you all sorts of stories about bad the magnetic field is.

I think one of these groups may be wrong. And possibly both!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF and G3CWI:

Ahhh - they’ve obviously discovered what a happy bunch radio amateurs are - see the description and comments about the “Bio Tuner”! They don’t say what frequencies it produces, mind you …

By the way, very neat “non-bio” tuner, Andy!

John GM8OTI

In reply to MM0FMF:

Kit? All my own work! 30m-10m

http://www.moosedata.com/small-EFHW-tuner.jpg

I remember you showing me that at the MT meeting, Andy, and am grateful. I have since made a copy tweaked for 40 metres, it works well but with my junk-box polyvaricon the tuning range is nowhere near as wide, I was hoping it would reach 20m but it doesn’t. I am now making a beefed-up version for use at up to 100 watts on 20m with a junk-box brass variable cap that I bought as a teenager for a TRF shortwave receiver, my first homebrew shortwave radio - what goes around comes around!

Brian G8ADD