HB9BCB, Heinz - incredible 20'000 S2S points!

Congratulations Heinz on your 20’000 S2S points - all CW. It s always been a great pleasure to QSO you from summits. Wishing you all the best for the future.
73 s Bruno HB9CBR

13 Likes

Wow, incredible - congratulations, Heinz!

We’ve not yet met on the (SOTA) bands, since I’m QRV in the SSB department only. Enjoy!

Vy 73 de Markus, HB9DIZ

Big score Heinz, Brilliant!
73 Mike G0HIO

Meine herzlichste Gratulation zu diese hervorragenden Leistung. Weiterhin viel Erfolg.
Hansruedi, HB9BHW

congratulations!
73 de Martin, DK3IT

BIG CONGRATS, HEINZ!
Most impressive.

Ken, K6HPX

Congratulations Heinz.

Please do not as you threatened and hang your boots, up we need you!
Dah di Dah

Regards
David G0EVV

Congrats Heinz for a big achievment; and sure hope you will not hung up SOTA now !

73 cu kurt HB9AFI

Congratulations Heinz for great achievement. Keep on excellent work, hope to meet you s2s many more times!
Mirko

Congratulations Heinz.
73 Jan OK2PDT

Herzliche Gratulation lbr Heinz.
Ich beneide dich um deine Geduld, die es manchmal braucht, um so viele S2S zu erreichen.
vy 73 Hans

FB Heniz, CONGRATS !!!
73 Jarek, SP9MA

That’s really astonishing, even for the head of the Buttock Calloused Brotherhood. I thought he was going to retire. Fourteen activations in the last 36 days does’t sound like retirement. Maybe he went to Lourdes for the cure? Maybe it was the final push to hit a barrier no one will approach for the next decade?

Congrats to Heinz, a worthy challenger who left me in the ash bin back at Platinum.

Elliott, K6EL

Thanks for all your comments!

Yes, 20k s2s points, all CW (no QRO) has been my 3rd and last self-defined SOTA milestone (after Mountain Goat and the 12m Challenge).

BTW, The score for All Modes does include 11 points for my one and only s2s QSO in SSB, performed on 25.03.2014 with Guido HB9TNF/P.

SOTA has become something of a routine activity for me in the last six years, so it seems to me that this last achievement would be a good opportunity for a change to pursue other (knee-friendlyer) activities again. That’s why I want to say thank you and goodbye to all SOTA enthusiasts - many good experiences and some new friendships won will stay with me. Maybe I’ll miss Elliott’s wonderfully humorous comments a little bit, hi.

Of course, I would have liked to take the Turquoise, but the defined point levels are somewhat very unrealistic, so unfortunately no happy end in this regard, hi.

73 gl, Heinz HB9BCB

The screenshots below were taken on 11/11/2017

2 Likes

Congratulations Heinz on achieving 20’000 summit to summit points.

Jimmy M0HGY

Congratulations Heinz on this admirable demonstration of patience and commitment! I surely hope that the spontaneous relapses that the SOTA virus is known for (especially after prolonged periods of non-activation) will at least make you succumb to the lure of a (near) drive-up summit from time to time, or perhaps lead to the development of a pronounced cross-addiction in the form of obsessive SOTA chasing :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks for all your valuable expert insight on antenna construction!

vy 73, Manuel HB9DQM

Many congratulations Heinz. Always a pleasure to work you and many thanks for calling me for an S2S - I just don’t seem to manage to chase S2S contacts during an activation, except of course the special S2S events.

73, Gerald G4OIG

Very high scoring Heinz!!
congratulations.

73,Tony - G7OEM

Dear Heinz,
On behalf of the Board of Directors of HB9SOTA I would like to extend my sincere congratulations to you for your exceptional achievement, unmatched anywhere in the world. In contrast to me, you did this almost exclusively with CW QRP S2S contacts – and when trying to break through strong chaser signals this almost always requires a great deal of time, patience and excellent operating. You made most of these QSOs with your LNR Mountain Topper as opposed to my KX3 and 15W. I thus have even more appreciation for your operating skills and achievement. I sincerely hope that you will reconsider your decision to stop participating in SOTA now that you have reached 20,000 points. I’m certain that everyone in the SOTA community will miss their S2S contacts with you. For me, in particular, they were always a welcome extra special treat during my activations.
73 de HB9BIN, Jürg

Hello dear Heinz,
The same here as Jürg very well said. First congratulation for the achievement.

Second, I’m gonna miss you in my log and appreciate a lot when you share one of your homebrew projects, with nice pictures and description: you are very neat building gear.

So hopefully, every now and then, you will find time to do a bit of maintenance in SOTA.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon and wishing you all the best in your new challenges… Sure you will do it great!
VY 73 es CU SN
Ignacio