Gw/nw-076

Hi
Is anyone else getting strange information on the above summit? The information page is telling me its latitude and longitude is 0 and that its 5308.7km from my qth. It isn’t I’m fairly sure…
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Quentin, I think it has been that way for some time.

If I’ve got the correct hill I think it should be 53.16.46 N 3.23.28 W or thereabouts.

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0VOF:
Thanks Mark. I wasn’t too worried about the beam setting but the distance is always useful to know. I wonder if there many summits with such anomalies?
Cheers
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi, I have activated this summit last year,and Mark is right.

Its on SJ073767 which if you enter in on Streetmap and ask it to convert the co-ordinates you do get 53:16:47 & 3:23:28.

Also it gives you the postcode in case you are on a contest day of LL18 5SF.

It is the latest NW to be added to D/base so hopefully the MT can up date its details soon?

Its not excellent on top as its covered in trees,so your beam on 2m is quite low to ground. But an easy walk up and sheltered from wind.

Good luck with it when you do go

Best 73

Tony

In reply to 2E0LAE:
Thanks Tony. I won’t be activating anytime soon, not many summits are suitable for my disability scooter :wink:
Your postcode reference did the trick though , as I was able to find the summit on google maps. It just confirmed that the chances of working Richard CWI on 2 meters was very slim indeed. Pity.
Q GW3BV

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Quentin,

I looked at the terrain between GW/NW-076 & Aberystwyth & thought the same, but it is always worth trying. While mentioning to Richard that you would like to try CW I heard Don G0RQL calling him. Once again, looking at the terrain between Mynydd y Cwm & Devon it is a very difficult path, especially from a summit covered in trees, but remarkbly Don & Richard managed a QSO on 2m SSB.

Mark G0VOF

In reply to GW3BV:

Hi Quentin,sorry didn’t realise you were Chasing it?

I have to agree with Mark its always worth trying 2m ssb as I also got Don G0RQL in Devon from this summit and also Rob GM6LJE in GM land. Conditions must have been favourable but always worth a try.

Hope you succeed soon

Best 73

Tony