Gw/nw-062 19/9/07

I was due to take Anne, my xyl, up to Treuddyn this evening, a small village very close to NW-062, so I decided to drop her off, visit my office then pick her up afterwards.

As it happens, she decided to drive herself and as my car was packed with a makeshift set up I decided to go anyway, I know, I need my head eaxmining, hi.

To be perfectly honest, when I arrived, I very nearly didn’t bother, mainly because of the gale force winds and threatening black clouds, plus the fact I only had my FT-60r Handy with 5 watts and a mini magmounted 2m/70cms ant, which I have used before with limited success.

I decided to ascend from the prow, up the public footpath, the sign is located on the “bottom road” some 300 metres to the west of the radio station gate.
This is just a 5 minute stroll in the park through a field full of cows, along the hedgerow, then turn left towards the disused transmitter mast and the trig.

With no alert, I called on S20 for “mission control” Barry M3PXW, who replied to my call instantly and spotted me, he also kindly logged remotely for me due to the difficult conditions wx wise and the fact that it was dark.

What followed shocked me, a total of 10 contacts were made in just 10 minutes, the furthest being Mick 2E0HJD in Clitheroe and the two Ians, 2E0EDX and G7ADF up in Blackpool.

A very satisfying activation considering the conditions.
I thought that if lady luck was on my side, I might get four contacts.

For once, I was very pleased to get away from “my office” and back into the sanctuary of a still warm car.

Many thanks to Barry for logging for me and to all stations worked…

M3PXW, 2E0HJD, 2E0EDX, G3RIK, GW7AAU, GW7AAV, GW1LDY, G7ADF, 2E1EER, G3OKA.

73 Mike GW0DSP