GT7OOO/P Isle of Man

I will be operating from all 5 summits in GD this next week, hopefully activating the first one on HF on Saturday, weather permitting using the club callsign of the Scarborough Special Events Group. Favoured bands will be 80m (3532 KHz), 60m (FE SSB), 40m (7032 KHz) and 30m (10118 KHz). If I have time I will also try to be active on 40/80m SSB. On Tuesday I will be passing over Snaefell GD-001 with a walking group so hope to quickly activate that on 2m FM with my handheld on that day. I will then return another time during the week with HF QRO gear.

The main purpose of the visit is to attend the Isle of Man Walking Festival:
http://www.visitisleofman.com/Activities/Walkingfestival/welcome.xml so I have to fit the radio operation in around that.

I will be relying on G4SSH Roy to assist me with spotting on SOTAWatch.

73 Phil G4OBK/GT7OOO

In reply to G4OBK:
Hello Phil
Thanks for info. I’ll try to work you.
I was on GD in 1986 to the Motor Race.
Good luck and best 73
Andre - f5ukl

In reply to F5UKL:
I hope also to contact you, it’s à great island for the motorcycle amateurs!
With greats pilotes: Phil Read, Giacomo Agostini, Santiago Herrero, Hailwood, Duke, Woods, the TT (Tourism Trophy) is immortal!
I remember the time or this natural tour was a great visit in the “continental circus”! I would not have had the chance as Andre can go there may be one day, while waiting on the radio I hope
73’s
f5nep Lionel

In reply to F5NEP:

I will be there for the TT as i am mechanic for a sidecar outfit…Agostini is riding a parade lap on the Saturday before the Superbike race along with Valentino Rossi…

I hope to be a chaser from the IOM on 2, 20 and 40 metres but i wont have the time to venture up a summit.

M3RHJ

Mark