GD4MD/P Expedition

Hi all

great anticipation here now that departure for the expedition is imminent! My initial worries that Friday might be a bit of a lean time for contacts have evaporated, looking at the alerts could be a bumper crop of S2S’s, and I shall look out for you Quentin to assist in completing your GD set!

Trials with my newly constructed 60m antenna and ATU show I can tune it up on 40 too, so may give that a try as well. Even taking the key along, if anyone catches me on CW please be gentle, I reckon the last time I used the mode in anger was 1985 so pse QRS as they say!

The weekend away is dedicated to radio, not taking the family with me this time so may pop up from other locations, play around with other bands etc. if the weather and my constitution are favourable.

Looking forward to working many of you on Friday and Saturday,

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:

Hi Paul, I am new to SOTA, only about 5 weeks of chasing and loving every minute. I have never worked GD SOTA as yet, so I’ll be listening for every activation. Good luck over the two days and I look forward to working you on any or all of the summits.

73 DE Mike

In reply to G4MD:
Are you ok on routes etc, have a sheet “GD in a day” which will get you everywhere. We did it once in a day a couple of years back, ended up on Mull Hill in the dark, out of food and struggled for four contacts. Nowadays we do them at leisure. If you would like a copy just shout but you’re probably manx and know the lot. Enjoy the trip, only 4 months to wait for our next trip.
Rob
G4RQJ

In reply to GW0DSP:

Thanks Mike, look forward to working you again (and hopefully again and again and again etc… :-))

73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4RQJ:

Thanks Rob, your offered sheet would be useful, unfortunately I’m off to the ferry very shortly so probably won’t get it, but if you could send it to me at least I’ll be able to see where I went wrong!

I have maps and the tips from Sotawatch, so hopefully will be able to find my way round without too much trouble…

Not Manx, just mad! And looking forward to getting the set as a chaser next time you’re over there :slight_smile:

73 de Paul G4MD