gb10sota

Thank to all those who called into GB10SOTA today, sorry I missed a few chasers but HF conditions were very poor.
Best DX was N1EU on 20m SSB, very good signal Barry, the only NA station heard!

A PI4 on Holiday was also on the summit, nice to have a chat with him. I must have his suffix incorrect as a different fellow appears on QRZ.com under the call sign I had written down.

I will be using the special call again this Monday from Snowdon, hopefully HF conditions will be a lot better and I can work a lot more callers. This time I will be joined by M0YDH who will concentrate on 2m FM/SSB while I’ll stick to HF.

Roger MW0IDX GB10SOTA

K2 44’ Doublet 100 QSO’s logged

In reply to MW0IDX:
Thanks for the qso today on 40 mtrs,plus the GB call. well done and keep up the good work.
mark.

In reply to MW0IDX:
Hello Roger, thanks very much for your efforts today. You MUST remember not to leave your gloves in the car again. I listened on all the bands you worked today and only made it 40m. I hope you later defrosted :sunglasses: Well done. Mike

In reply to MW0IDX:
Thanks for the first qso today on 40 mtrs. André

Well done Roger - hope the mist cleared…it’s a great callsign to get the use of.

73 Phil

In reply to G4OBK:
Good stuff Roger
Nice to work you on 2m. Couldn’t hear you on any other band.
Regards
Dave
M0TUB

In reply to MW0IDX:

Roger I hope to get you s2s from a German summit. Who knows, if I do the Hohe Acht DM/RP-001, I may even hear David on 2m (I`ll have my 5ele sotabeam with me).

In reply to G1INK:
Hi Steve,
I’ll certainly be listening out for you, I think David will be taking a beam too.
Roger MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX:
Thanks Roger for the new summit and 3 bands i got on 2 meter just as you went qrt hope to get you on monday.

Ricky

Nice to work you Roger and glad to make it into the log. 20M condx were very strange yesterday - seemed like spotlight propagation only between select areas. We had great propagation W1-EU early in the day. But when I activated W1/MB-010 at 2000Z, the only place I had propagation to was W4 and the W4 signals were unusually loud (and vice versa).

Barry N1EU

I hope you had a great day Roger. What was the interest like on the bands? All phone, or some CW? Any interest from Joe Public on the mountain?

Tom M1EYP

In reply to M1EYP:
Very much enjoyed it Tom. Propagation was very poor so I could have done a lot better on the bands. I think the majority of callers knew about the SES or what it was about.

All phone alas, it was bitterly cold on the summit which was covered in cloud until the end of the activation and I left my gloves in the car (first and last time I’ll do that). I’m out of practice as it is on CW but I’ll have a go on Monday and hopefully on the higher bands this time.

The only interest was another Ham from Holland who called me on 2m FM first and said he was also on the summit. He was standing just above me on the trig point!

Roger GB10SOTA

In reply to G1INK:
Hello Steve. That would be an extraordinary contact! I will carry the 3 ele beam and a couple of pole sections plus any equipment for operating on the lunar surface that is the scarred summit of Yr Wyddfa. Normally for high mountains lower pack weight and non-radio companions lead to me taking just a plastic pipe dipole. I get to write ‘speedier erection’ here but better insert antenna between the two words. HI. Happily GB10SOTA is on the air for well over an hour so there’s no pressure from bored, cold relatives and I can deploy better gear.

There’s always a Palm paddle sat on top of my 817 and I will try to copy any snail’s pace Morse I can hear while on SSB. I’ve never managed more than 3 cw QSO’s during activations before having a mental breakdown and turning the rig off. I’ll tip my hat to those who find the mode to be second nature.

My in-laws are sweltering in a prolonged heat wave in Ingolstadt, Bayern. I just pray for dry weather for all activators wherever you may be.
73 es sd
David M0YDH / Dei MW0YDH/p

In reply to G1INK:

Roger I hope to get you s2s from a German summit. Who knows, if I do
the Hohe Acht DM/RP-001, I may even hear David on 2m (I`ll have my
5ele sotabeam with me).

Steve

If the weather is good I might try for a S2S. Will you have CW available?

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:
Is the 2nd of July GB10SOTA activation still on? It seems like the one yesterday did not happen? If conditions permit, it would be nice to attempt a VK/GW s2s with GB10SOTA

73 de Wayne VK3WAM

In reply to VK3WAM:
Hi Wayne, yes hopefully this Monday’s activation will go ahead. It would be great to have a S2S with VK. Let me know if you have a preferred band/frequency.

Unfortunately I had to cancel yesterday’s activation due to my father (mw0ydx) being taken seriously ill. Thankfully he seems to be stable at present.

Roger gb10sota mw0idx

In reply to MW0IDX:
Best wishes from this end hope he makes a full recovery John.

In reply to MW0IDX:

Hi Wayne, yes hopefully this Monday’s activation will go ahead. It
would be great to have a S2S with VK. Let me know if you have a
preferred band/frequency.
I am hoping that I will be able to go QRO to get through. We can try 20 and 15m either SSB or CW. I am not sure about enough mobile coverage for internet from the summit that I will go to, but there should be at least enough for SMS. What is the coverage like from GW/NW-001? If there is some, perhaps we can coordinate though SMS.

Unfortunately I had to cancel yesterday’s activation due to my father
(mw0ydx) being taken seriously I’ll. Thankfully he seems to be stable
at present.
Hope he makes a full recovery.

73 de Wayne VK3WAM

In reply to VK3WAM:
Hi Wayne,
I’ll be taking my K2 and will be using around 10 watts to a 44 foot doublet so 20/15m cw ssb will be fine. Phone coverage from Snowdon is usually good so we should be able to coordinate.

If anyone else would like to make a sked just send me an email via qrz.com.

Thanks for the kind comments, you and John.

Roger GB10SOTA MW0IDX

In reply to MW0IDX: Hi Roger, is there any chance of a weekend activation?

I would love to get GB10SOTA in the log but unable to do so because of work.

Hope to work you soon, Thanks, 73 de M0MDA