Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

g4gke sk

I am sorry to report that my friend, near neighbour and fellow Sota chaser Dave G4GKE died suddenly on Saturday the 8th of May 2010.
As a keen chaser of SOTA, WAB IOSA etc Dave will I am sure will be missed by many activators and chasers alike.
73 Mike G0BPU

Hi Mike,

I’m sorry to hear that your friend Dave G4GKE is now silent key.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to G0BPU:

Mike, I’m very sorry to hear that Dave is now SK. It was always delighted to work him and on many occasions managed to bag both the Ipswich chasers when I was out activating.

Please pass on my sincere condolences to his family.

Andy
MM0FMF

Very sorry to here of the sad loss of your freind and please accept my condolences.

I have also made a note for WAB as David was a book holder.

73 Graham G4JZF

In reply to G0BPU:

Mike,

This is bad news.

Dave’s callsign is here several times in my SOTA log during my SOTA expedtions during the recent years.
I worked Dave for the last time during my SOTA expedition @ the international SOTA weekend on ON/ON-017 - 1 may 2010. A QSL card is already on their way through the buro for this last G4GKE-QSO call. After years the QSL will come back — SK — unconfirmed.

Again someone less in the log for the activators.

“Dave we will miss you”

R.I.P

Please pass on my sincere condolences to the family.

Luc ON6DSL and family.

I’m very sorry to hear of your loss Mike.

Please pass on my sincerest condolences to his family & all who knew him.

Rest in Peace.

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0BPU:
Hi Mike
I did not know Dave or that there were 3 of us chasing SOTA in Ipswich, I suppose because he was SSB and I only operate CW. However, very sad to hear the news and please pass on my condolences if you can.
Kind regards
David/G4CMQ