G0PEB / VP8DMM Falkland Islands Trip

Just a note to remind everyone that I shall be in VP8 land from the 14th June for 3 weeks, returning on July 7th. Hopefully I shall be activating a summit (TBC)on East Falkland probably on the 18,19th or 20th June, will try and alert closer to the time. Will also try to activate another couple of summits on West Falkland in the following 2 weeks. Activations are dependant on weather and limited free time from work.

I plan to be qrv on 18.152 or 14.342mhz at 1900 utc, which seems to be the optimum time for UK contacts at the moment. My equipment will be a FT857 100W powered by 4S LiPO batteries, fed into either a full size linked 1/4Wav vertical using elevated radials, or a link dipole as backup.

Hope to hear you all.

Robert
G0PEB / VP8DMM

In reply to G0PEB:
Will definately be looking for you…dont forget to try for the US!

Tom

In reply to N2YTF:

Tom,

You’re on the list.

Robert

In reply to G0PEB:

Best of luck Robert, I hope to be listening for you :slight_smile:

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G0PEB:

Best wishes for your trip Robert. I will endeavour to be QRV, as indeed I’m sure will many others.

73, Gerald

In reply to G0PEB:
All the best Robert. I’d love to listen for you but expect I’d need to be using a super station like John GW4BVE’s.
I hope you get a Welsh QSO with someone in the Gwladfa [Chibut valley] of Patagonia, Argentina. It’s a remote possibility. A lot of my friends in school in Bala had relatives in Patagonia.
Safe trip. Hwyl fawr

David 2E0DAI

In reply to 2E0DAI:
Pob lwc Rob. Gobeithio gei di hwyl yna. Mae na llwyth a telu fi yn y Wladfa hefyd, ond neb ar y radio. Nei di dod a Ffengwin yn ol i mi. Hwyl a fflag.
Good luck Rob and bring me back a Penguin
Alun 2W0CYM.

In reply to 2W0CYM:

Good luck Rob and bring me back a Penguin
Alun 2W0CYM.

P-p-p-pick up a…Oh, never mind!

Good luck!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G0PEB:
Have a great (not too cold/windy) trip Robert. Making me very envious (super memories of my trip there in 2001). Great choice in the raised vertcal for both bands. Wot I use on 20M! Works really well.

Jack GM4COX/VP8JAK

In reply to G0PEB:
Have a good trip Robert. I will be looking out for you, of course. Do not forget to bring your morse key! I am happy at 5wpm, or less if you prefer.
73, Frank.