G/wb-002

On the east side there looks to be a road going up to the radio masts. Anyone know how far you can drive up that road please.

As far as the locked gate right at the bottom - unless you are an engineer working there.

I’ve often wondered myself about the road that arrives at the top of Bardon Hill. Where does that start from, and is it accessible?

I never found the start of the road at Bardon Hill, always ment to walk down the road but never have. The good news is I am about to start working for a company that owns a mast and other kit on Bardon along with several other stations at SOTA hills… I see a request for a key in the pipeline and an access map.

In reply to 2E0KPO:
I’ve only done this one once but:-
I believe the access road starts at SK458118 but it crosses a quarry road SK461128 leading to a heavy plant repair yard SK466130 after Brook Farm which has locked gates either side.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to 2E0KPO:

I see a request for a key in the pipeline

I’d just like to say “The Programme does not accept operation from or in the immediate vicinity of motor vehicles.”

:wink:

Sorry, I’ll get my coat!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Please, please, please (pretty please) Andy don’t start that thread again :frowning:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to MM0FMF:

Well, now you mention this one again you celtic thong wearing person…:slight_smile:

73 Anonymous

In reply to GW0DSP:

Sorry, I couldn’t resist. Unlike Nicolas Anelka against my beloved Liverpool, this was an open goal I couldn’t miss. I promise to behave for the rest of the week.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to GW0DSP:
Mike Celtic thongs are called Sporrans :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

ps How do you spell skiandoo ?

In reply to G4OWG:

ps How do you spell skiandoo ?

Sgian Dubh

Andy
MM0FMF

I’ve driven up that road once (it’s rather steep) - about 4 years ago, before I really new anything about SOTA. The reason for doing so was that one of the Radio Groups that I’m involved with has equipment located on the site (as it also does close to G/WB-003). I’ve not yet re-visited either of them, but one day I will !

In reply to MM0FMF:

I am trying my best to be a good lad too, just in case Santa doesn’t call at my house:-)

Mike

In reply to MM0FMF: I’d just like to say “The Programme does not accept operation from or in the immediate vicinity of motor vehicles.”

Oh Blow, I must delete my activation of Great Orme, there must have been at least 50 cars in the immediate vicinity. Never mind, I am sure I will find a day when there are no cars up there I hate to break the rules… :wink:

I also propose the banning of the word thong, I am being left with a mental scar and I can’t cope…

In reply to G4OWG:

In reply to GW0DSP:
Mike Celtic thongs are called Sporrans :slight_smile:

Is that those hairy handbags they have North of the border?

73 Mike

oops forgot the :slight_smile:

In reply to GW0DSP:
Thongs for the memory…

Brian G8ADD