G/NP-017 Abandoned

Sorry I had to abandon my activation of Fountains Fell today. I spent quite a while on Birks Fell at the trig point and had a bout of the shivers and for a while and felt quite unwell. I walked back to Litton and drove on to the parking spot for FF, had something to eat and drink in the car and began shivering again. Outside it was very windy with light rain. Both Pen y ghent and Fountains Fell summits looked quite menacing so I drove home. After a good hot bath I now feel fine.

Nick G4OOE

In reply to G4OOE:

I walked back to Litton
and drove on to the parking spot for FF, had something to eat and
drink in the car and began shivering again. Outside it was very windy
with light rain. Both Pen y ghent and Fountains Fell summits looked
quite menacing so I drove home. After a good hot bath I now feel fine.

Glad you’re feeling better, Nick.

Thanks for the S2S today and Snowdon on Saturday.

73 Mike
2E0YYY

In reply to G4OOE:

There’s something about “discretion being the better part valour”. It’s the activators choice to proceed or not. After all your the one up the hill. There have been times when I’ve got the the foot of a walk and said “No it’s not going to happen”.

It’s one or the reasons that I don’t “alert” these days because, I fell, it puts too nuch pressure on me to do the activation and to keep to the time stated. Just my view but there it is.

But glad to hear you’re back to normal

Peter
G1FOA

In reply to G4OOE:

After a good hot bath I now feel fine.

Brrr… Sounds like you maybe stayed too long on Birks Fell, and definitely made the correct decision about Fountains Fell. Glad you’re home safely.

73, Rick M0LEP

In reply to G4OOE:
Hi Nick A very wise decision.I dont live very far from BF and FF and know how cold it was at my QTH so I can imagine how cold it was at 600 metres.FF will be there for another day best 73 Geoff G6MZX