Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

G/DC-005 'Christ Cross' Sat 7th Jun

Hello all,
Having a go on this one tomorrow, mainly CW QRP, using FT-817 4 Watts to 2x10m fed wid open wire feeder. QRV at 0800 UTC hopefully if all goes to plan. Would appreciate spotting if heard. Will also try SSB. 73 Jeff G4ELZ

In reply to G4ELZ:
Thanks for the QSO on 40m CW.

In reply to G4ELZ:
You were coming in “like a local” on 40m due to unusual short skip.

In reply to G4ELZ:

Your antenna was doing a great job Jeff, with strong sigs into North Yorkshire.
on 40m.

Delighted to hear you make the s2s with Lutz DJ3AX

73 Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4SSH:

Great job Jeff and big sigs too. Nice to work you after hearing you so often in the pile-ups.
I think you are the S2S king today, I heard you work Gerald, Lutz and Klaus, hi.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to G4ELZ:
Thanks for the contact. You had a good signal on 40 with your dipole. What kind of matching did you use to the open feeder?
73 de Ken GM0AXY

Thanks for the kind comments everybody. I had a great time on ‘Christ Cross’ G/DC-005. Its only 30 miles from my home so it’s convenient for me. In reply to Ken’s (GM0AXY) question on the tuner. I used my home brew W3TS ‘L’ match which seems to tune a broad range of antenna types and doublets especially. The 2x 10m was at 10m using my fishing pole and the open wire feeder is home brew approx. 10cm spacing. I managed about 4 Watts from my FT-817 and aging batteries!!

My thanks to all who called me, 110 QSO’s including 11 S2S contacts:-
OK2BDF/P OK/VY-019
GW4OIG/P GW/MW-020
DJ3AX/P DM/TH-291
OK1IF/P OK/LI-035
DF3GN/P DM/BW-601
OK1DDQ/P OK/PL-011
DJ3AX/P DM/TH-292
DF2GN/P DM/BW-603
G4OBK/P G/NP-009
OK2BDF/P OK/VY-011
F8KGH/P F/AM-626

My thanks to all the stations that called me and for the spots. A special big thanks to the stations that stood by for my S2S QSO’s. What gentlemen. Log will be uploaded ASAP. 73 CU from another hill Jeff G4ELZ

In reply to G4ELZ:
congrats for the activity! tnx fer qso
hpe cuagn
best regards
f5nep Lionel