Fun Evening

It looks like a none starter in N. Wales and N. England for tonight, due to bad wx.

If any of you manage to get out, please stay safe.

I have a friend Keith G1HIP, who is is not regular sota, but will probably do G/SP-010 this evening, HH only, so keep an eye on the spots.

73 to all

mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Hi Mike
the weather here on the east coast of scotland (Fife) is very wet and overcast so i dont think i will be on tonight from any summits and i think its the same all over the country just now

and as you said lets stay safe if you do venture out

hope next week is better weather

all the best

Gordon MM3XGP

In reply to MM3XGP:
Since the sota evening has been cancelled,
why not try Crime Wave! testing, and see where you get,
might even get some rare DX,
Steve m0sgb

In reply to MM3XGP:

Ironically the sun has just come out here Gordon, bit late to bother now though.

Theres always next week.

73 Mike

Just had word from G1HIP.

He won’t be activating G/SP-010 this evening after all.

73 Mike

In reply to GW0DSP:
JJ’s (M3TMX) a bit disapointed he was hoping I’d take him to Gummers How tonight but it’s been raining for most of the day, absolutely threw down for the best part of a hour at around 6ish. I’ve told him better be safe than sorry, plus the fact I don’t think any one (with an ounce of sense) would go out whilst the weather in this bad.

In reply to M3MND:

plus the fact I don’t think any one (with an ounce of sense) would go out
whilst the weather in this bad.

That would be me then! :slight_smile:

Actually, it started raining just as I was 1/4 down ES-035 and was still gentle when I got to the car. However, the heavens opened by the time I got to Perth and the cloudbase back home now (19.30z) is only about 250m. Yikes :frowning:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to M3MND:

Not to worry Manda, the summit will still be there next week.

I went with Barry MW3PXW/P up to NW-051 tonight, but stayed in the car park and had to warn Barry to get of the summit very fast as the weather turned foul coming up the valley from Ruthin, visibility went from approx 5 miles to zero in minutes.

Luckily, after my warning, Barry QRTd instantly and descended very quickly after just 4 contacts, but it was scary stuff for a short while.

Another very valuable lesson learned.

73 Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Not to worry Manda, the summit will still be there next week.

The hill might be there, but I won’t. I’ll be up in Scotland (Inverness area) with the the family, minus my mum, 2E0MND(work!). Hopefully, we should still be activating some hills on 2m/2ssb, but probably not on the fun night. Perhaps, we could do it tonight, from looking at the weather (just an idea!)

Jordan M3TMX

In reply to M3TMX:

Sorry, I can’t make it tonight Jordan but others might.

Have a lovely time in Scotland and don’t eat too much Haggis.

73 Mike

In reply to M3TMX:
Maybe Helen and I can get a S2S with you instead. If you have read the reflector you will know we are in Scotland for the next two weeks.

73 Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

I have seen the reflector and I’ll just say you’ll be doing a better job than us. We have a 5 yr-old in the family, so we’ll only be doing little hills every now and again as we are seeing our grandad’s new house that he has built outside Elgin but we WILL be listening out for those uniques when we can.

Jordan M3TMX

P.S. We are setting off on the 19th so should hopefully catch you then.