Other SOTA sites: SOTAwatch | SOTA Home | Database | Video | Photos | Shop | Mapping | FAQs | Facebook | Contact SOTA

Friedrichshafen 2019 Accomodation

I know this sounds very early however with the changed dates for Friedrichshafen in 2019, (June 21-23) accomodation is filling up very early.

I have decided to use the same hotel that I used last year being relatively close to the Hoechsten summit and far enough out of Friedrichshafen not to cost an arm and a leg.

This year I booked the hotel through booking.com but it appears they will no longer use booking.com from the end of the year as trying to book a room at the Gasthof Zum Goldenen Kreuz in Wilhelmsdorf in 2019 returns the “no rooms available for your dates” message, when that is not true.

So I checked out the website at http://www.gasthof-kreuz-pfrungen.de/ and then contacted them via email and was able to get a room. Three other Hams from Northern England have also now booked in and the number of rooms available are now limited (I think they only have a total of 7 rooms available).
Only double rooms with double (not Twin) beds are available at €78 per night for the room (whether it has one or two people in it) including breakfast(s).

So if anyone wants to “join the group” then you probably should book soon.

This is the hotel where we had the SOTA Dinner this year and unless someone organises somewhere else in 2019, I’d stay with this as the food is good and reasonably priced and for those staying at the hotel it’s not far after drinking a couple of beers to get to bed HI.

73 Ed.