Fountains Fell

Some odd stats there. Some are at 0% which I guess is because they are rounded down from <0.5% but some QSOs have no band at all!

In reply to G3CWI:

I see what you mean. Perhaps it would be better to have <1% instead of 0% where there are just a few QSOs.

And yes, a speel chucker would be gold !!!

73 de Les

In reply to G3CWI:

Some odd stats there. Some are at 0% which I guess is because they are
rounded down from <1% and 160m now appears.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Cheers Jon. SW2 is turning into a pretty amazing system. Now I guess we need the normal links on the home page (YouTube, Flickr etc)?

What will be the connection limit on your server? I suspect we have a large number of people who are connected all the time - possibly some who are connected more than once (I often have my shack PC and Office PC connected).

Richard

In reply to G3CWI:

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

Cheers Jon. SW2 is turning into a pretty amazing system. Now I guess
we need the normal links on the home page (YouTube, Flickr etc)?

Done.

What will be the connection limit on your server? I suspect we have a
large number of people who are connected all the time - possibly some
who are connected more than once (I often have my shack PC and Office
PC connected).

Yes, and with webmon polling every minute, etc!

To be honest, connections shouldn’t be a problem. The default MySQL setting is 100 concurrent connections which I can increase if necessary. A database connection is only active during the time the page is requested and produced (measured in ms really) and should close automatically.

However, the error we saw yesterday cannot be normal since we couldn’t have built that number of concurrent connections between us. So I have been looking for other causes and have tighted up my discipline of explicitly closing connections to see if that improves things.

Also scripts are possibly taking longer than they should since they are sometimes accessing the local db, Gary’s db and the old sotawatch db in one script which can possibly slow things with network congestion. But even so, it still shouldn’t be a big issue. We’ll keep an eye on it.

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

I think the ‘too many connections’ issue is triggered by the failing of the SW1 database. That certainly seemed to be the case this morning.

I’ll look in to this further when I get back at the weekend.

Meanwhile, I am loading the car and heading out to the hills!