For Chris 2E0FSR

Hi Chris

While browsing my chaser log, I noticed that I have an asterisk for our QSO from NP-009 but none from NP-008.

You have made the common typo of putting a o in your callsign instead of a zero, I do it regularly, lol, this means that everyone that you worked will have no asterisk for Great Whernside.

Any chance that you could ammend your activator log entry?

Thanks in advance and 73

Mike GW0DSP

Apologies to all,

I was extremely tired when I arrived home having activated two hills in such heat. Perhaps next time I will leave it until the day after to update my logs.

Can’t go without giving asterisks out now can I?

73 Chris

In reply to 2E0FSR:

Apologies to all,

I was extremely tired when I arrived home

Hope that wasn’t my fault Chris - I did mention the bog - just omitted the fact its 2.7 miles long :slight_smile:

Look forward to the asterisks.

Roger G4OWG

In reply to 2E0FSR:

Hi Chris

I was in no way having a pop at you, I thought I was helping you.

Don’t bother altering the log if you don’t want to as the asterisk is not a pre-requisite for a valid contact.

Having said that, I do understand why your answer seemed a little bit sarcastic after the earlier happenings, but I’m not going to get involved in that.

Any way it’s up to you Chris. Thanks for both contacts, your efforts were much appreciated.

Mike GW0DSP

In reply to GW0DSP:

Having said that, I do understand why your answer seemed a little bit
sarcastic

Funny Mike I didn’t read it that way at all ?

Must be the West/East pennine difference in sense of humour :slight_smile:

Roger G4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Must be the West/East pennine difference in sense of humour :slight_smile:

He was being tongue in cheek wasn’t he? :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to G4OWG:

I’m sure he wasn’t Roger, I thought he was still upset from earlier events.

Mike GW0DSP

I dunno, I give you 12 points on a hot day and you want asterisks too,what do you want blood?

No offence or sacrcasm meant towards anybody. My apologies for not replying sooner as after I posted about the asterisks I had to go to work. Chasers know that I enter all my contacts and the asterisks show.

Im disappointed by the earlier events but not upset. There is a saying ‘what doesnt kill you makes you stronger’.

73 Chris

Come on guys don’t let this turn into another “moderation in all things” topic.

I have also been in the position of asking someone to amend a log entry, it is very difficult to word it in a manner which gets the point across that you’ve seen an error and it would be in the logger’s interest to correct.

I spent ages typing and re-typing, in the end I think I got it right as the person corrected his log and didn’t seem offended. Obviously Mike’s comment was in a similar vein. It is difficult to point out somebody’s error, even when it is meant to be in a helpful way.

To echo Peter, SOTA people always seemed so nice and polite, I can’t see why recently, participants have taken to criticising each other and taking SOTA far too seriously.

73 Colin M0CGH

In reply to 2E0FSR:

Yes Chris, just the 12 points, you should be ashamed, it should have been 24 points;-)

Thanks for the asterisk Chris, see you from the next one.

Mike

In reply to M0CGH:

Perhaps email/ready computer access is partly to blame.
When a letter was being drafted (doesn’t seem to happen much nowadays!) usually a great deal of care was taken over wording etc. before posting.
Nowadays, people are in too much of a hurry to get on with the next task.

This probably should have gone in the other thread - see, too much of a hurry ROTFL !

Cheers all,
Keep SOTAing - there’s lots more uniques I need yet ;o)

Graham G4FUJ