First G completist?

Great achievement Ric, congratulations !

Now I will try to do the same in France, begining with AB-001…:wink:

Best 73
Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

If you activate AB-001 I’ll buy you a beer at Friedrichshafen next summer.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

If you activate AB-001 I’ll buy you a beer at Friedrichshafen next
summer.

A “Yard of Ale” ???
Andy, you will save your money, AB-001 is not for me !

Be that as it may, we’ll drink a good beer together next year.

73 Alain F6ENO

In reply to F6ENO:

Now I will try to do the same in France, beginning with AB-001…:wink:

Thanks Alain. It had not occurred to me to do them in numerical order. That would be very hard work! It has taken me over seven and a half years to do them the easy way.

Richard
G3CWI

Congratulations Richard on being the first activator to activate all the SOTA summits in G.

Jimmy M3EYP on EA6

In reply to G3CWI:
GM Richard,
Congratulations.
Frank

An excellent achievement - congratulations Richard. You’ve often been out in weather that would put many off and in the early days of SOTA you had to pioneer routes which must have made the task so much more arduous. Well done!

73, Gerald

P.S. Seven and a half years to complete G… how long to complete GM? Infinity? An impossibility perhaps.

Many congrats Richard, no doubt a good percentage are CW!

73s de Peter G3TJE+

In reply to G3CWI:

Congratulations Richard on a magnificent snd sustained achievement.

Roy G4SSH

In reply to G4OIG:

how long to complete GM? Infinity? An impossibility perhaps.

An interesting thought. If you have sufficient money to fund the lifestyle and your health is up to the challenge then it’s not impossible at all. There are access problems for a few of the sea stacks but most everywhere else is accessible. The time taken then depends on whether you want to activate the summits so that any chasers with propagation to the summit can work you or if you can arrange for a convenient mob of 4 chasers to always be in handy range.

There are a number of people who have climbed 1253 of the 1256 GM Marilyns only the St. Kilda stacks remaaining. I don’t think anyone has completed a single GM region yet so the challenge remains wide open for those up to it!

Congratulations on doing G Richard. You can go and do them all again on just 3cms and topband now! :wink:

Andy
MM0FMF

Congrats Richard on your magnificent achievement, and thanks for the trails you have blazed to many of the summits on your quest!

Vy 73 de Paul G4MD

In reply to G4MD:
I checked the all the “G” summits and was shocked how many summits you have done Richard! Well done.

Sean M0GIA

Congratulations on your achievement Richard and nice to finally meet up
with you at Rishworth on Saturday.

Rick.

In reply to G3CWI:

Congratulations Richard!
I was not able to qso u, had to work, sri.
With your CW-activity you made me start into SOTA,
many tnx for a “new way of life”.

Vy73 Fritz

Dear all

Thanks for all your messages of congratulation here, by e-mail and over the air. Afterwards it was hard to decide what to do to celebrate the event. In the end we decided to go to the Staleybridge Station Buffet for lunch today where three of us dined well on corned beef hash and the famous black peas for under £11. The beer was excellent as usual and I was awarded the freedom of the bar (see photo).

http://www.sotabeams.co.uk/Downloads/Staleybridge.jpg

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Congratulations Richard.

Carolyn

In reply to G3CWI:

Well done Richard.

Can’t quite read the pump clip, I wonder who’s brew the beer is you are pulling?

Nigel G0RXA

In reply to G0RXA:

Nigel

The beer was called Foxhunter - and very good it was too. I can’t recall the brewery though. I suspect it’s a microbrewery.

There is always a super selection there as I am sure you will know!

Richard
G3CWI

In reply to G3CWI:

Update:

http://www.quaffale.org.uk/php/brewery/1356

Little Ale Cart

In reply to G3CWI:
Congratulations Richard, well done!

Roger MW0IDX