First activation DM / NS-177

Today, together with my brother, I was able to activate the recently released Summit DM / NS-177.
The journey to the district Baarsen by bus is possible in 15 minutes from the train station Bad Pyrmont, as well as the return journey.

Then a few steps east bound, where local OMs operate a UHF repeater. A summit can not be recognized, the high plateau covers many hundreds of square meters. That’s why we sought protection from the strong wind at the sports field. The antenna was only 3m above ground, because my numb fingers could not throw the casting weight much higher into the trees. Only a sip of the hip flask could help here.

Nevertheless and regardless moderate conditions, I had 14 calls in 13 minutes in the log. Again the well-known voices, I can not list them all, but thanks to Ambrosi, Bill, Don, Fabio, George, Hans, Heinrich, Ken, Mariusz, Phil, Pedro, Terry and the other.
A short video can be seen here: DL1CR SOTA DM/NS-177 - YouTube

73 Chris

1 Like

Hi Chris,
Thanks you for all the QSOs we are made, and the last ones from new references.
For me is a hard job picking you out of the noise I have on 40m band, but patience
always giving us the prize of complet the QSO!
I hope to chase you many more times, congrats for your effort and GL
73s
Jorge
EA2LU

Hi Chris many thanks for qso on the new summit and very pleased to work you on it.
Trust your brother had an enjoyable day with you.Look forward to the next.
73 Don G0RQL.