Finally made Shack Sloth

Hi,

thanks to a QSO with Alain F6ENO/P and a ‘make sure’ QSO with Rob G4RQJ/P this afternoon, I finally reached my shack sloth 1000 points having had my first QSO on 7th April 2002. It all speeded up recently when I retired from full time employment.

Many thanks to all those stations who contributed points to my award, I hope to start returning the favour more actively in the near future. I had 256 QSOs with 228 unique summits and my log also includes 31 summit to summit QSOs and was completed from 4 different countries G,GW,EI and DL - unfortunately I did not make any SOTA QSOs from my 2 trips to OZ! QSOs were made on 6 bands and were a fairly even mix of phone (SSB & FM) and CW QSOs

Now I have to set to work on the mountain goat, I suppose!

73 and thanks again

Mike G4DDL

Congratulations Mike on achieving the Shack Sloth.

Jimmy M3EYP

In reply to M3EYP:
Thanks Jimmy,

I have a long way to go to catch you up, but I’ll keep trying.

Mike G4DDL

In reply to G4DDL:

Congratulations, Mike! That looks an awfully long way off from down here! :slight_smile:

Karen 2E0XYL

In reply to G4DDL:

Congratulations Mike, I am sure your SOTA QSO rate will increase dramatically now you have retired!

Mark G0VOF

In reply to G4DDL:
Well done mike just keep racking those points in of those great activators all the best dave M3XIE

In reply to G4DDL:

Congratulations Mike and thanks for the QSO this afternoon on 40m CW.

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:
Andy,

thanks for the QSO also, I did not linger too long as you had a big queue calling. I am still to use your SMS spot system but hope to be active from GW/NW and the Chester area over Easter.

You were a nice solid signal down here and finding a gap in the callers was hard work but we made it.

BCNU & 73

Mike G4DDL

In reply to MM0FMF:
Andy,

thanks for the QSO also, I did not linger too long as you had a big queue calling. I am still to use your SMS spot system but hope to be active from GW/NW and the Chester area over Easter.

You were a nice solid signal down here and finding a gap in the callers was hard work but we made it.

BCNU & 73

Mike G4DDL