eQSL - Logger32 and /P

In reply to G3NYY:

What drawing board?

The ‘M1EYP’ eQSL originates from my first, flawed attempt to do mass eQSLing from Logger32. That was one of many mistakes I made, and from which (I hope) I have learned.

I haven’t added summit refs to any of my /P eQSLs (and don’t intend to). You can safely trust your log to be correct!

73, Tom M1EYP

I use Logger32 with SOTA reference put in the USER1 field (USER2 & USER3 don’t have enough characters allowed) then use this during the convert from ADIF to CSV. On the Logger32 reflector’s file area I placed a DOC file showing how I set my Logger32 up. Bob Furzer K4CY who wrote Logger32 told me that if you can’t do then teach and I obviously wasn’t a teacher so perhap’s not well written but if you havn’t set up Logger32 for SOTA yet then worth a look at.

You will need to register to look in the files folder then
Logger32 Logbook and SOTA.doc

There is a proceedure for WAB, WAI & NATS (lighthouses and Navigation lights) collecting aswell if anyone is interested.

I also upload to eQSL from Logger32. Any calls not accepted due to /P and HA/OE1xxx or whatever I accept with a note telling them of the call they used.
I use to reject them but seems pointless as I know and they know what happened. Of course when I then 'Sync. my logbook with a downloaded file from eQSL my logbook says the QSO isn’t in my logbook so I just ignore this and my logbook remains correct.
Damian M0BKV

In reply to G3NYY:

I do not use LOTW or Clublog and I have no intention of doing so.

I can understand you not wanting to use LotW. But why would you not want to use ClubLog, it’s a completely different tool from anything else mentioned here, it’s not a QSL type system, it’s a statistical database system to let you see information about your log. For example which countries you have not worked or which ones you have worked but have not had confirmed.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G3YMC:

eqsl comes in for a lot of undeserved criticism, especially among the
DXCC DX community due to ARRL refusing point blank to recognise it.

Most serious users agree with the ARRL, the EQSL system is insecure and not suited as a method for claiming awards.

Colin G8TMV

In reply to G8TMV:

I can understand you not wanting to use LotW. But why would you not
want to use ClubLog, it’s a completely different tool from anything
else mentioned here, it’s not a QSL type system, it’s a statistical
database system to let you see information about your log. For example
which countries you have not worked or which ones you have worked but
have not had confirmed.

I use paper logs. Unless I am going to manually type in 52 years of log entries, ClubLog will not know what I have and have not worked!

BTW, I have at last managed to “attach” all my subsidiary eQSL accounts to my main account. Now they are all flagged as “Authenticity Guaranteed”.
:slight_smile:
For some unknown reason, it wouldn’t let me attach the other accounts when I was working from my main (G3NYY) account. I had to log into each subsidiary account in turn and perform the attachment from there! Each account can now “see” all the other accounts.

It is still showing the country of “GW3NYY/P” as “England” and it won’t let me change it.

Walt (G3NYY)

In reply to G3NYY:

Unless I am going to manually type in 52 years of log entries

Outsource that job to India Walt. You’ll find someone who will type it all up for a few pounds. Of course you’ll have to proof read it all to check they’ve done a decent job.

Maybe easier if you type it yourself. Or perhaps you could not bother!

Andy
MM0FMF

In reply to MM0FMF:

Unless I am going to manually type in 52 years of log entries

Outsource that job to India Walt. You’ll find someone who will type it
all up for a few pounds. Of course you’ll have to proof read it all to
check they’ve done a decent job.

ROTFL!

Maybe easier if you type it yourself. Or perhaps you could not bother!

I have decided on the latter option. Executive decision!
Meanwhile, now that all my calls are “AG” on eQSL, they have told me I have won 6 e-Awards! I just need to download them and print them out.
:slight_smile:

Walt (G3NYY)

I had a number of years of paper loggings Walt, albeit admittedly not 52 hi! What I did was enter certain select logs from this archive into my Logger32, and these have therefore followed into eQSL and LOTW. Basically, if it was a new entity on any given band/mode combination, it went in. If not, it remains a paper log!

My recent effort to synchronise my Logger32 logbook with eQSL was mainly a training exercise, so that I could become familiar with the ADIF format, the conversion process, and the possible pitfalls and “learning by my mistakes” - of which there have been many. It has worked though, and I am now up-to-date on eQSL and LOTW, and pretty confident at using Logger32 in conjunction with eQSL and LOTW, as well as the SOTA Database.

I have noticed that all the “My SOTA” fields, ie the summit I was on for a QSO, are in the Comments field on Logger32. This came from the format when I used a utility to convert my Database activator log into a Logger32 ADIF. I realise now that the Comments field is not so useful for this purpose, and it would be better in USER_1. So at some point I will try to move them all over, while taking care not to change/reset the eQSL/LOTW flags!

One useful by-product that has come out of this process is the highlighting of errors in my SOTA Activator Log. For instance, well-known SOTA chaser Graham G3OHC rejected my eQSL this morning with the comment that my activation of Cracoe Fell G/NP-032 was on 7th February 2009, not the 6th!

Sure enough, Graham was spot on, and I have now followed the very quick process to download that activation, edit the dates in Excel, delete the activation and upload the correct version.

It has all been a very interesting process, particularly when my DXCCs confirmed suddenly shot up to 77!

Tom M1EYP