Email

Does anyone have any strong views as to whether we should include email as part of the reflector functionality?

My suggestion is that we give the option to receive a daily digest of messages that have been posted with link to each thread.

Thoughts?

The other option here is just to email a list of topics that have been posted to with a link to the topic list rather than a full digest.

Or even give people the option to choose between the two (or neither!) within their user settings.

how do I send an e-mail to here Jon ?

Hi Graham,

There is no way to send an email to this system. It is just web based. What did you have in mind?

73, Jon

In reply to GM4ZFZ:

The other option here is just to email a list of topics that have been
posted to with a link to the topic list rather than a full digest.

Or even give people the option to choose between the two (or neither!)
within their user settings.

I currently use the email facility on the current Yahoo system and I like it. My mail client (Turnpike) is very good at managing reflector groups and automatically deletes old messages. I very rarely access the web interface.

Having said that the SOTAwatch web interface is very good and accessible from one home page. I would be quite happy to use it as my main SOTA Reflector access.

You can’t beat having the option of email that can be switched on and off by the user, but I think it should be a low development priority. I vote for the full posting to be emailed. Emailing links is a poor substitute and will not help the person that logs on, collects email then logs off to read off-line. This technique may be useful for people away from home for work or SOTA using GPRS or Wifi for access.

73 John GW4BVE

In reply to GW4BVE:

Jon

I see Chris M0JRQ is interested in this one.

Chris M0JRQ

Could you please comment on here. I think the email facility would be useful, particularly for mobile users.

73 John GW4BVE