EI on 5 meg

I just worked my first EI on 5mHz. Sean EI7CD was 5/9+60dB here earlier. He says he got his permit on Friday.

How long before we hear an EI activation on 5mHz I wonder?
Are EI stations even allowed to go portable on this band?

They have only four fixed frequencies centred on 5.280, 5.290, 5.400 and 5.405 MHz (the frequency for USB is 1.5 kHz lower), but they should be good to both UK during the day and for the DX in the late evening.

Regards Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:

Pete EI7CC in his post a few days ago didn’t mention 5.290, has this channel just been added?

As an aside, a few nights ago I heard an EI working a G but his carrier frequency was mid channel, I couldn’t hear the G at the time but I hope he stayed legal, we don’t want any grief with the MoD!

Brian G8ADD

In reply to G8ADD:
IRTS – Amateur Radio in Ireland, Irish Radio Transmitters Society says 5.290 Brian. But perhaps the NOV doesn’t. Heard EI3IO 59+ on FE earlier but wasn’t in a position to transmit :frowning:

Roger g4OWG

In reply to G4OWG:

Interesting that, as I was not sure but I think Sean said three channels when I worked him so maybe they didn’t get 5.290 as was expected.

In reply to GW7AAV:
HI STEVE, I GOT CHASED ON G/WB-011 BY EI3IO LAST SATURDAY SO THERE ARE ABOUT.
73 DAVE

In reply to G0AOD:

No need to shout Dave! Tee Hee! but chasers don’t count, however I would have been quite pleased to get a new country on a 5mHz activation, so I hope you were too. I wonder if that was the first EI chaser point on 5meg? If so, nice one!

Steve GW7AAV

In reply to GW7AAV:
I have had G,GW,GI,GD,GM,EI,OZ up to now on activations on 60 meters and the USA from home.

In reply to GW7AAV:

In reply to G0AOD:

No need to shout Dave! Tee Hee! but chasers don’t count, however I
would have been quite pleased to get a new country on a 5mHz
activation, so I hope you were too. I wonder if that was the first EI
chaser point on 5meg? If so, nice one!

Steve GW7AAV

Nice one to both of them!

Brian G8ADD