Dufourspitze 4634m HB/VS-001 – Highest summit of Switzerland

CHAPEAU BAS !!!
Same for idea and perfect effecting it as well !!!

73, Jarek

2 Likes

Just red through your story and looked at the amazing pictures. That must have been something. Thanks for sharing guys.

SM0OEK
Jaan

2 Likes

Fantastic!

Show high class mountaineering and radio!
Vlad RX9WT

2 Likes

Congratulations on this fantastic activation. Thank you for the great pictures and continued success!
best 73’
de Paul DL6FBK

2 Likes

Absolutely stunning !!
Congratulations !!
Best 73

Antonio, EA4MY

2 Likes

Great achievement! I can imagine that you’re a bit slower at 4,634m than lower down, especially in CW :slight_smile:

Very well written report as well, I very much enjoyed reading it.

Well done on the direction-finding part as well. Such a trip always starts with a lot of time spent pouring over maps, topos, trip reports, etc… In your case it paid dividends.

Looking forward to reading more reports and please be careful not to go SK on an icy ridge :wink:

Arnaud

3 Likes

Congrats!
A pity that the S2S to my QTH on Castor did not work out. Next time!
73 de Martin, DK3IT

2 Likes

Well done guys awesome.
We had a failed attempt (no radio) many years ago, due to our own errors. Too early in the season, so the snow was waist high mostly, and poor route finding above 4000m turning back too tired after following a “path” that turned out to be a lightly covered ridge of green ice.
Being British we were foolish enough to walk from Taasch and camp several 100m above the hut. I won’t make that mistake again!

Anyway congratulations on the activation!

2 Likes

Bravo et félicitations pour cet exploit.
Cordiales 73
André f5ukl

2 Likes

Awesome expedition!

73 de Dani EA5FV

2 Likes

Gigantisch!
Gratulation!
73, Mario DJ2MX

2 Likes

Great report! Many years ago, long before I became involved with ham radio, I climbed Monte Rosa by the same route. Congratulations on a great climb to a wonderful summit.

Mike - ke5akl

2 Likes